Bringing Broadcast Quality to Facebook Live
The Wowza™ ClearCaster™ appliance is a Facebook Live solution purpose-built to improve the success of your Facebook Live broadcasts. Deeply integrated with the Facebook Live application, the ClearCaster automatically sets the appropriate settings and dynamically adjusts them throughout the broadcast if network conditions change. Ready to deliver the highest-possible resolution Facebook Live supports and with its built-in, professional-grade features, ClearCaster is the best way to provide confident connection to Facebook Live.
- Highest Quality
The only way to broadcast crystal-clear 1080p to any page on Facebook Live.
- Built for Professional Productions
Rack-mountable, 12G SDI input, remote manager and frame-accurate starts for a professional production.
- Bulletproof Reliability & Redundancy
End-to-end redundancy and real-time stream monitoring with auto-adjustment ensures the most reliable broadcasts.
Highest Quality on Facebook Live
- The only way to broadcast crystal-clear 1080p to any page on Facebook Live.
- Easily encodes 360° and VR video to create breathtaking experiences for viewers.
- Includes x264 for encoding high-quality, Facebook Live HD video and is VP9 and H.265-ready.
Built for Professional Productions
- Remotely manage ClearCaster through Wowza ClearCaster Manager, including the ability to start/stop streams, adjust settings, configure redundancy and many other features.
- The only way to create frame-accurate starts for your live broadcasts and a VOD asset that starts playing immediately.
- Rack-mountable Facebook Live Encoder with 12G SDI input for seamless compatibility in your high-end, multiple camera production workflows.
Bulletproof Reliability & Redundancy
- Ensure end-to-end redundancy—including power, encoding, network and ingest points—with automatic fail-over from multiple ClearCasters.
- Real-time communication of stream health data and automatic adjustment of encoding settings, thanks to the deepest integration with Facebook’s persistent API.
- Ensure the best quality and highest reliability on Facebook Live without repetitive, manual setup or the need for highly technical resources.
Engage Like Never Before
- Generate follower engagement with Talent View functionality that gives on-camera personalities the ability to see Facebook Live Reactions.
- Engage with an increasingly mobile audience by delivering square video at the click of a button.
- Quickly increase engagement and meet accessibility requirements by allowing your 608 captions to flow through to your Facebook Live broadcasts and on to your VOD assets, unlike other Facebook Live streaming software.
- A/V Inputs: 1 x SDI/HD/Ultra HD, or 1 x HDMI 2.0a
- Supported Capture Input: Up to 1080p/30
- A/V Outputs: 2 x HDMI
- Video 1080p30 in H.264
- Audio AAC @ 48KHz
- Streaming: Auto Configuration with Facebook Live
- Network: 1 GB Ethernet, Bluetooth ready
- Display: Built-in LCD screen with button controls
- Size: 1RU, rack-mountable
- Power: 200W internal power supply
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What kind of support is included?
3 years of ClearCaster maintenance and support is included. ClearCaster hardware maintenance and support includes access to:
• Regular software updates, which include use of new Facebook Live API functionality.
• 24x7 | 365 support via phone, online or chat.
• Hardware device replacement, if determined necessary by support.
2) What happens if my unit breaks?
Do not try to open or repair the ClearCaster unless instructed by Wowza, as this may void the hardware warranty. Instead please contact Wowza support; they will help troubleshoot your issue. If Wowza determines your issue is hardware-related and covered by the ClearCaster warranty, you will be issued a replacement ClearCaster device.
3) What can I use as inputs?
ClearCaster will accept any uncompressed HDMI or SDI input.
4) Why should I keep my ClearCaster software up to date?
You should always keep your ClearCaster software up-to-date. This will ensure the best performance and access to the latest Facebook Live streaming features.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below