This product has been discontinued.
The industry’s most trusted video encoding software. Sorenson Squeeze wins awards for a reason. Render the highest-quality video and audio files for professionals and hobbyists alike. Manipulate resolution, file output, and other specifications to create the finished video product you need. For:
- Video editors
- Video Producers
- YouTube Creators
- Anyone who needs good looking video
Squeeze Desktop Pro is for the video professional. Apart from offering all of the great features found in Squeeze Desktop Standard, Pro offers support of the HEVC/x265 codec, the new standard in HD video. Closed captioning insertion and pass-through supported, as are Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD formats.
- XDCAM in MXF Format
- Avid DNxHD
- Apple ProRes (Mac Only)
- Closed Caption Insertion
- High Bit-Depth Dithering (Triangular, Truncate, and Bayer Ordered)
- Includes all Lite & Standard features
Transcode into Avid DNxHD® (VC-3 Compliant Video Bitstreams) high quality, with Squeeze. Perfect for preparing media for Avid Media Composer, NewsCutter, and Symphony.
Designed to double the data compression compared to prior standards at the same level of video quality. This means better video quality at lower bitrates.
Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding
Saves time by automatically packaging files for Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG DASH, and MP4 downloads by only encoding each data rate once and then packaging everything into multiple formats.
Closed Caption Insertion
Support for EIA-608 and CEA-708 closed captioning in source video and corresponding TTML output. Also closed caption pass-through.
- Integration with Squeeze Server
- Seamless integration with AVID, Final Cut Pro, and Premiere Applications
- Multiple Watch Folders with multiple output options
- Direct integration with Squeeze Stream including 5GB Free Squeeze Stream Storage, Forever
- Universal device playback
- Publish to YouTube, AWS, Akamai, Limelight, FTP, and more
Pre Processing and Editing
- New manual timecode controls
- Trim in and out points
- Video cropping
- Duplicate Source
- DV Capture
- Standard NLE shortcut keys
Audio Sync, 10 bit to 8 bit dithering. Black Restore, blur, brightness, contrast, crop, deinterlace, fade video, gamma, hue, saturation and lightness, inverse telecine, image orientation, RGB, Sharpen, Telecine 2:3 pulldown, Timecode, tint, video noise reduction, watermark, white balance, white restore, audio duration, audio mixer, audio pitch, audio volume, audio fade
Supported Video Codecs
Image Sequences (.jpg & .tiff), VP9, HEVC, H.264, x264, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-TS, DV (DV25), VP8, H263, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Avid DV, Avid Meridien, Blackmagic (8 & 10-bit), Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, Media 100, Pixlet, RAW, RED, Sheer Video, Sorenson Video 1 (SV1), Sorenson Video 2 (SV2), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Targa Cine, YUV, XDCAM, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM EX, YCbCr, FLV 6 – 8, WM Screen V9, WMV 7 – 9 Advanced, VC1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes
XDCAM, x265, VP9, MC H.264, x264, Apple H.264, Sorenson MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV (DV25), VP8, MOV, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, YUV, Pixlet (Mac only), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Sorenson Spark, H.263, WM Screen V9 (PC only), WMV 7 – 9 Advanced (PC only), VC-1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes (Mac Only)
Supported Video Formats
264, AVI, DV, FLV, M4V, M2V, MOV, MP4, MPG, MTS, MKV, MXF, SWF (output), VC1, WebM, WMV, 3GPP, Flash, AVI, Matroska, QuickTime, MPEG-2 PS, MPEG-2 TS, MXF (OP1a and OP-Atom)
Adaptive Bitrate Standards
Multi-Rate Bundling, MPEG DASH, Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (H.264) and Adobe Flash Dynamic Streaming
Supported Audio Codecs
AC3, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, MPEG Layer 1, MPEG Layer 2, LPCM, Windows Media Audio
Supported Audio Formats
AAC, AC3, AIFF, M2A, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Windows 8 or 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DirectX 9.0b or later
- Mac OS X 10.10 or greater
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
Permitted Uses of Software
NEW TO SQUEEZE 11:
-Import Sequenced Still Images: To help support the growing number of camera and mobile devices that have the option to export video out as individual frames in the form of a sequence of image files (i.e. Time Lapse footage), Squeeze 11 provides the ability to import "Sequenced Image Files" in the form of .jpg or .tif files.
-Multi-Track Audio Support: Squeeze 11 has implemented support for .MOV source files that contain multiple audio tracks and allows you to encode those tracks when exporting to MOV or MP4 output files. The most common workflow requested with this feature is multi-language track support but can be used in other scenarios as well.
-XDCAM OP1a (MXF): Sorenson Squeeze 11 has added support for exporting MXF with an additional Operational Pattern, the OP1a operational pattern. This operational pattern may include multiple tracks of audio and video that are interleaved into a single file, creating a self contained file. OP1a files can be exported by creating an MXF preset and selecting one of the three XDCAM Format Constraints.
- Removal of Output Frame rate Restrictions: Squeeze Desktop has always been a tool that focused on being powerful, flexible, and simple to use. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have implemented the ability for you to export our output file at a frame rate that is greater than your source frame rate. This is done by strategically duplicating frames, allowing you to meet your file requirements while maintaining the quality of your video.
- Expanded 4k & UHD Support (64 bit processing): As 4K and UHD video becomes more and more common in our everyday video workflows, we find increasing importance for 64bit processing and system memory usage. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have expanded our 64bit support to help your system handle the increased memory needs for processing content of these new frame sizes and data rates. 64bit encoding will slow down the encode time so it should only be used when necessary if you are worried about a job's throughput, but when you are doing the heavy lifting, working with 4K and UHD content, 64bit is the only way to go.
- Updated Codecs (x.264, h.264, VP9, x.265/HEVC): At Sorenson Media we always strive to provide our customers with the latest and greatest in encoding technology, Squeeze Desktop 11 is no different. We have updated the codecs that you already know and love, to bring you faster and more efficient encoding.
- High Bit-Depth Dithering Filter: Squeeze Desktop is the tool for anybody that needs to encode video and one of the features new to Squeeze Desktop 11 is High Bit-Depth Dithering. Dithering is required when you are working with High Bit-Depth Color, such as 10-bit color, and exporting as 8bit color. Dithering will automatically smooth over the color variations and banding that occurs during this color conversion, resulting in a great looking output file. Our new Dithering Filter helps you get the job done. To add even more flexibility to your encoding choices, you will find three different dithering methods to solve your dithering needs; truncate, triangular and bayer ordered. All three of these dithering methods do a great job and work fast, the choice often comes down to personal preference for your individual job.
- Text Watermark: New to Squeeze 11 is the Text Watermark filter, giving you a simple way to quickly watermark your output content and make sure viewers know who encoded or created the file.
- Avid ISIS Support
- Source File Info Dialogue: For a while now, the Squeeze Desktop team was looking for a way to give our customers more control over their source files, in version 11 we have added the "Inspect Source Information" dialog. This new feature gives you more information on your source file and how Squeeze is reading it, what Reader is being used, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate and number of Channels, but this feature also give you the control to change how Squeeze thinks about some aspects of your source file, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, and Color Space (RGB & YUV 709). Explore this new feature in Squeeze Desktop 11.
|NEW SQUEEZE 11 FEATURES||STANDARD||PRO|
|Sequenced Still Image Files (.jpg & .tif)||✔||✔|
|Multi-Track Audio (.mov)||✔||✔|
|XDCAM in MXF Format||X||✔|
|Removal of output Frame Rate restrictions (via Source File Info Dialog)||✔||✔|
|Improved 4K export (expanded 64-bit support)||✔||✔|
|High Bit-Depth Dithering Filter (Truncate, Triangular, and Bayer Ordered)||✔ (Truncate & Bayer Ordered)||✔ (Triangular)|
|Source File Info Dialog||✔||✔|
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below