480GB SSD for Professional Recorders
Unique Error Correction technology ensures high speed data writing and dependable recording of 4K video while avoiding speed degradation and extended life.
- Sony tested transfer speed: READ 550MB/s, WRITE 500MB/s
- Sony ECC (Error Correction Code) enables 1200 TBW (terabytes written) with SVGS48
- Estimated 10 year life compared to 1-2 years max on competitive models.
- Unique data protection technology even in power loss or improper disconnect.
- Sturdier connectors tested to 3K insertion/removal cycles.
- Supports Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Mac OS v. 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
- Recommended for use with ATOMOS on camera/ portable recorder/ monitors: Shogun Inferno, Shogun Flame, Shogun Studio, Ninja Flame, Ninja Blade and Sumo
- Recommended for use with BLACKMAGIC DESIGN: HyperDeck Shuttle, HyperDeck Studio, HyperDeck Studio 12G, HyperDeck Studio Pro.
These SSDs were designed to meet the growing need for reliable, external video recording devices docked to camcorders or high-performance DSLRs. For content creators looking for more efficient, stable and flexible hi-bitrate recording in often unpredictable environments, Sony’s G Series SSDs deliver optimal performance for several popular professional video recording devices, while offering a far longer lifetime.
Building on the reliability synonymous with Sony’s Professional Media products, the new SSDs are a solid option for respective video recorders, offering videographers stable high-speed capabilities, a sense of security and lower cost of ownership due to their longer life. Using Sony’s Error Correction Code technology, the 960GB G Series SSD achieves up to 2400 TBW (terabytes written), while the 460GB drive can reach 1200 TBW, resulting in less frequent replacement and increased ROI. 2400 TBW translates to about 10 years of use for the SV-GS96, if data is fully written to the drive an average of five times per week.
The drives are also designed for ultra-fast, stable data writing. While other SSDs have a tendency for data write speeds to suddenly drop after repeated re-write cycles, Sony G Series SSDs feature built-in technology preventing sudden speed decreases, while ensuring stable recording of high bitrate 4K video without frame dropping. For example, used with an ATOMOS Shogun Inferno, G series SSD is able to record video at 4K 60p (ProRes 422 HQ) mode stably.
When paired with the necessary connection cables, the new G Series drives can be effortlessly removed from a recorder and connected to a computer for file downloading, making editing easier and faster with read speeds up to 550MB/s.
G Series SSDs also offer data protection technology that keeps content secure and intact, even if a sudden power failure occurs. To add to the drive’s stability, it features a durable connector which withstands extreme repeated insertion and removal up to 3000 times – or 6 times more tolerance than standard SATA connectors – even in harsh conditions.
- NEXTO DI NVS2801
- NEXTO DI NSB-25
Sound Devices / Video Devices:
- 970 Recorders
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below