NewTek TriCaster TC1 MAX Bundle with Large Control Panel and Redundant Power
TriCaster TC1 is a complete, cost-effective production solution that takes advantage of the industry’s leading software-driven video technology and modern networking to provide users with advanced capabilities and future-proof production for the new video reality, while sustaining their proven workflows and leveraging their existing equipment and infrastructure.
- NewTek TriCaster TC1 3RU Live Production System with redundant power
- NewTek Connect NC1 IO Studio I/O Module
- NewTek TC1LP Control Panel
NewTek has announced TriCaster® TC1, the culmination of more than a decade of IP video experience for multi-camera live production, with uncompromising support for 4K UHD switching, live streaming, recording, data-driven graphics, virtual sets, social media publishing and more. Continuing innovation around the iconic product that has defined an industry, TriCaster TC1 supports 16 external inputs of up to 4K UHD 60p resolution without sacrificing functionality. Powered by NewTek’s NDI™ technology for IP-based workflows, TriCaster TC1 also offers multiple studio-grade Skype TX channels for adding remote video guests to live shows.
With the maximum capacity and most complete package of advanced multi-camera production capabilities, the NewTek TriCaster TC1 Max bundle is made for the most demanding modern workflows. With industry-leading, software-driven live production technology; a 16-input, multi-source video workflow with support for 12 SDI hardware inputs; redundant power; and an included 2-stripe control panel with 24 source buttons, the NewTek TriCaster TC1 Max bundle provides modern producers, publishers, and content creators with complete production like never before.
Produce amazing content with hundreds of advanced production capabilities for video switching, playback, mix effects, graphics, audio mixing, virtual sets, and more.
4K UHD 60p Capable
Deliver an immersive viewing experience for programs, performances, events, and sports with native support for true 4K Ultra HD resolution at 60 frames per second.
Native IP Processing
Present your video as it was meant to be seen with NewTek’s software-driven processing maintaining native resolution of every signal from input to output.
Multi-Source Video Mixing
Create compelling content using any combination of compatible SDI and IP video sources, including local and remote cameras, mobile devices, Skype video calls, computers, streaming media, video files, graphics, and more.
Produce content for any screen or schedule, with SDI and IP live output, multi-channel recording, multi-platform live streaming, social media publishing, and more.
- Switching, streaming, recording, and delivery in HD, 3G, and 4K Ultra HD at 60 fps
- True IP switching, with native software-driven processing for maximum production power and flexibility
- Native integration of NDI™, NewTek’s innovative Network Device Interface technology, supporting video, audio, and data transmission over IP with near-zero latency Comprehensive camera coverage and compelling multi-source video mixing, including 16 external inputs—more than any TriCaster past or present
- Studio-grade Skype® video calling with multi-channel Skype TX software integration
- Integrated video servers allowing playback, replay, and live editing without any additional hardware
- Multi-channel ISO recording to full-resolution QuickTime® and H.264 files for VOD, post-production, and archive
- Dual-channel live streaming to Facebook Live, Microsoft® Azure®, Periscope, Twitch, YouTube™ Live, and more
- Real-time social media sharing to Facebook, Imgur, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and more
- Powerful production automation with custom macro commands, sophisticated full-motion compositing, and flexible control options
- Advanced audio mixing with multi-source configuration and control, professional DSPs, and 4 x 4 x 4 channel routing
- Premier creative capabilities, including multi-bus mix effects, animated titles and transitions, advanced chromakeying, spectacular live virtual sets, and more
- Industry-standard 3RU hardware chassis with redundant power
16 x simultaneous external video inputs, supporting any combination of compatible sources in resolutions up to 4K UHD at frame rates up to 60fps (2160p 59.94)
Network Video Input
16 x IP video inputs via NDI™, resolution-independent, with support for key and fill
SDI Video Input
4 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI connections supporting video input in any combination of standard formats, resolutions, and frame rates
- 1080p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
- 1080i: 59.94, 50
- 720p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
- 576i 50
- 480i 59.94
Support for up to 8 simultaneous Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) robotic cameras via serial and network protocols, including RS232, RS422 and IP, with integrated controls and preset system
TX Native support for up to 2 simultaneous Skype® video call inputs via Skype TX software integration, including tally and Talk Back communication
Native support for input of compatible iOS mobile devices via Apple AirPlay
Configurable for up to 4 independent video mix outputs, with simultaneous delivery via IP and SDI
Network Video Output
IP video output via NDI, optionally configurable for:
- 4 x independent video mix outputs
- 1 x 4K UHD video mix output SDI
4 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI connections, optionally configurable for:
- 4 x independent 3G/HD/SD video mix outputs
- 1 x 4K UHD video mix output via 3G-SDI quad-link grouping
2 x resolution-independent streaming video outputs, independently configurable, with simultaneous stream archive
3 x multiviewer outputs supporting standard display resolutions
- 1 x DVI user interface with multiviewer
- 1 x HDMI multiviewer
- 1 x DisplayPort multiviewer
Mix/Effect Buses (M/E)
4 x M/E buses supporting video re-entry
- 1 x Mix/Effect channel per bus with support for up to 4 sources
- 4 x KEY layers per bus • 9 x memory slots per bus 1 x PREVIZ configuration and preview bus
4 x DSK channels
5 x media players
- 2 x DDR
- 2 x GFX
- 1 x Sound
15 x media buffers
- 10 x animation buffers
- 5 x graphic buffers 30 x clip players (available for use as transitions or media depending on function)
Integrated LiveMatte™ chroma and luma keying technology on all source channels and M/E buses
- 16 x input keyers
- 4 x media player keyers
- 4 x M/E keyers
- 1 x PREVIZ keyer
- 15 x buffer keyers
Integrated video composition engine on the switcher and each M/E bus to create, store, and apply layer configurations and DVE-style motion sequences
- 16 x configurable COMP presets per bus
Integrated LiveSet™ technology with 30+ live virtual sets and box effects included
Integrated DataLink™ technology enabling real-time, automated data input from internal and external sources, including webpages, spreadsheets, scoreboards, databases, RSS feeds, watch files, XML, CSV, ASCII and more
Record, store, edit and automate commands and user-configured operation sequences
- Attach to control panel buttons, keyboard shortcuts, hotspots, MIDI and X-keys® buttons or GPI triggers
- Attach to internal events and state changes, including audio, media playback, tally and specific switcher actions
- Supports control via web-based interface
6 x configurable video recording channels via IsoCorder™ technology
- 4 x QuickTime® archival video recorders (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio, with timecode)3
- 2 x H.264 distribution video recorders (multiple profiles)
- 1 x MP3 audio recorder
2 x 3TB internal drive
• Capacity varies by format, resolution and file specification
• Supports recording to external storage via USB 3.0 and eSATA
• Supports shared storage integration and third-party partner solutions
Grab full-resolution, deinterlaced still images from external video sources and outputs
Export video and image files to social media, FTP, local or external volumes, and network servers, with optional transcoding
Integrated multi-channel audio mixer with support for quad-channel audio, DSPs and 4x4x4 audio input routing
Local Audio Input
- 4 x SDI embedded
- 1 x Balanced XLR stereo pair (Line)
- 3 x Balanced 1/4” stereo pairs (Line)
Local Audio Output
- 4 x SDI embedded
- 1 x Balanced XLR stereo pair
- 1 x Balanced 1/4” stereo pair
- 1 x Stereo 1/4" (phones)
- • Native support for network audio input and output via NDI
- • Embedded audio supported for all NDI input and output video signals
- • Integrated support(4) for Dante™ networking protocol from Audinate®
- • Support for AES67 protocol via compatible WDM audio drivers(5)
(4) Requires Dante Virtual Soundcard license from Audinate (sold separately)
(5) Requires third-party virtual sound card license (sold separately)
Supported Media File Formats
Import, store, and play back multimedia files, with optional transcoding, including:
- Video: AVI, DV, DVCPro, DVCProHD, FLV, F4V, H.263, H.264, MOV, MKV, MJPEG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, WebM, and more
- Image: PSD, PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, JPEG-XR, JPEG2000, EXR, RAW, TIF, WebP, and more
- Audio: AIFF, MP3, WAV, and more
Support for up to 3 multiviewer displays with configurable workspaces and viewports
Integrated waveform and vectorscope, full field rate with digital calibration, color preview and support for ITU-R Rec. 709
Video: Floating Point YCbCr +A 4:4:4:4
Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
- 4K UHD video conforms to SMPTE 2036 (UHDTV1 using Square Division Quad Split)
- 3G-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 424M (Level A) • HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
- SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656 • Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155 Tally Support for hardware tally via HD15 GPI connector, network tally via NDI, and Blackmagic Design® SDI tally standard
Genlock input supporting SD (Bi-level) or HD (Tri-level) reference signals
Supports GPI signals via JLCooper Electronics eBox GPI interface
Support for standard MIDI protocol enabling third-party device control
2 x 1 Gigabit NIC
TriCaster TC1 (Redundant Power Option)
3RU chassis with 500W redundant PSU and multi-tiered hardware and software fail-safe
- 19.0 x 5.25 x 19.57 in (48.3 x 13.34 x 49.7 cm) with rack ears attached
TriCaster TC1LP Control Panel
2 x panel stripes
24 x switcher source buttons
24 x M/E source buttons
1 x multi-mode joystick (3-axis)
2 x multi-mode T-Bar
1 Gigabit NIC
TriCaster TC1LP chassis with 25W PSU
34.1 x 3.2 x 13.8 in (86.6 x 8.1 x 35.1 cm)
How is TriCaster TC1 different than the VMC1 Video Mix Engine?
While they share many of the same features and functionality, there is a distinct difference in the product positioning, as well as the size and scope of productions one can produce with TriCaster TC1 compared to the VMC1 Video Mix Engine. TriCaster TC1 is positioned as a complete solution for the typical TriCaster customer—video professionals who currently produce multi-camera productions or are considering it. Meanwhile, the VMC1 Video Mix Engine is positioned as a part of the transformative IP Series ecosystem, offering limitless capacity for larger broadcast and enterprise-level installations.
TriCaster TC1 is 4K-capable. How many 4K inputs? Outputs?
TriCaster TC1 supports up to 16 simultaneous, full-resolution 4K UHD external inputs at frame rates up to 60fps, and one produced video mix output deliverable via SDI and/or IP, for fullcapacity, end-to-end 4K UHD video production.
Is TriCaster TC1 compatible with the NewTek Connect line of products, specifically the NC1 Studio Input Module and NC1 Studio I/O Module?
Does the Skype TX software integration require the Skype TX controller software?
When upgrading to TriCaster TC1, can I use the TriCaster control panel I have?
Yes. In addition to the new TC1LP and TC1SP control panels, TriCaster TC1 does support control via existing TriCaster CS control panels, as well as the TriCaster 850 TW replay controller. However, be advised that access to TriCaster TC1 features and functionality will vary.
TriCaster TC1 does not support control via VMC1 Control Panels.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More