mRack DIT LTO-8
Standalone or bundled with Xendata 6 Workstation | Codex Production Suite | YoYottaID
Thunderbolt RAID and LTO-8 Tape Archiving Solution for Digital Workflows
- 1U rack mountable storage and archiving solution
- Supports up to six 2.5" hard drives or SSDs (add your own drives)
- Hardware RAID 0,1,5,6,10, 50 or JBOD operation
- Integrated LTO-8 tape drive - Up to 12TB of storage per tape cartridge
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Four Thunderbolt 2 ports (dual Thunderbolt 2 buses)
- Ideal for mounting in standard 19" racks or DIT carts
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
- Ships with 6-bay drive enclosure, IBM LTO-8 tape drive, LT0-7 data cartridge, Universal Cleaning Cartridge and two Thunderbolt cables
RAID & LTO-8. The Perfect Combo.
mRack DIT LTO-8 is a 1U rack mountable hybrid RAID and LTO-8 tape archiving solution designed to support today's digital workflows. Copy camera cards to high-speed RAID for online editing and then archive the raw footage and completed projects to LTO-8 tape to safeguard the media for the long term.
mRack DIT LTO-8 features four Thunderbolt 2 ports and connects to any Thunderbolt equipped Mac or PC. Add up to six spinning or solid state drives for integrated hardware RAID functionality. Archive assets to the on-board LTO-8 drive which provides up to 12TB of data storage per cartridge. LTO has a shelf life of 30+ years and is the most cost-effective storage medium on a cost per TB basis.
Hello LTFS. Drag and Drop Content to LTO-8 Tape.
mRack DIT LTO-8 supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). LTFS mounts the LTO-8 tape drive in the same way as a disk drive. This enables drag and drop functionality to the LTO tape cartridge.
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mRack DIT LTO-8 is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video - Axle
- Archiware - P5
- Imagine Products - PreRoll Post
- Pomfort - Silverstack XT
- Square Box - CatDV
- StorageDNA - DNA Evolution
- XenData - XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta - YoYottaID LTFS
Simple GUI. High-Speed Hardware RAID.
Add six of your favorite hard drives or SSDs. mRack DIT supports drives up to 9.5mm in height. Setting up a RAID set is easy using the included utility.
The dedicated RAID-on-Chip processor and onboard 512MB of DDR3 cache memory offloads RAID processing from the host system, ensuring stable and high-performance data transfers.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below