Sorry, this item is discontinued
You may be interested in the Roland V-800HD MK II Multi-Format Video Switcher.
The V-800HD Live Video Switcher is ideal for any live event or installation that requires the freedom to connect any type of source whether it be digital or analog, computer or video format.
- 8 Channel, 16 Input (4 SDI, 4 Composite, 4 DVI-I/HDMI, 4RGB/Component)
6 Output (2 SDI + 2 DVI-D/HDMI + RGB/Component + Composite)
- 4:4:4/10-bit Internal Processing
- 1 M/E (Key, PinP) + DSK
- Built-in frame synchronizers and scalers on all inputs
- SDI support: 3G, HD, and SD
- DVI-D / RGB / HDMI support
- Input status LEDs
- HDCP support
- Live access to two still-image sources
- 10 assignable cross-points
- Multiviewer monitor output (Switch between Y/Cr/Cb and RGB modes)
Eight Multi-format Channels from Sixteen Inputs.
Just like the design of the popular Roland V-1600HD switcher the V-800HD is a true multi-format video mixer meaning there is no need to match input sources to the output resolution. Every input has it's own broadcast quality scaler that can individually scale, stretch, crop and zoom each source as required to fit any output resolution chosen.
The V-800HD is HDCP compatible and also features a built-in multi-viewer output that provides a convenient monitoring solution when connected to an HDMI monitor. The eight mixing channels provide connectivity to 3G/HD/SD-SDI, DVI-A/DVI-D/HDMI, RGB, component, and composite formats – as well as an additional two channels for still images assignable via USB memory stick or frame grab. A newly developed key-compositing engine lets you adjust phase range, amount of chroma, and HSV color space parameters. Another key compositing feature includes an external keyer enabling CG titles and gradation clips, enabling impressive visual effects.
Assignable video cross-points allow reordering channel buttons which is especially useful when sudden changes in camera lines or differences in formats create blank spaces between select buttons on the bus. A dedicated composite output enables a down-converted SD signal that is always ready to use for archiving to a DVD recorder or to an encoder for streaming.
The Multi-Zoom feature can be enabled when one video input is shared internally with up to three more inputs – essentially daisy-chaining it. The scaler for each input can zoom into any position in the video image giving the appearance that additional cameras are connected – creating a virtual multi-camera environment. Additional effects include a down stream keyer (DSK), a composite keyer, Picture-in-Picture and multiple transitions.
The V-800HD supports an incredible variety of system design and creative production options for live or fixed installation applications. It is adept and handling LED wall sizing challenges and is ideal for any live event or installation demanding flexibility, stability, high quality, ease of use, and professional connectivity. With video output resolutions up to 1080/60p, 4:4:4/10-bit processing, and support for 3G SDI input resolutions; the highest quality video is achieved. The V-800HD Video Mixer strengthens Roland's Multi-format video mixer line-up and is positioned to the pinnacle of quality video production for live event, broadcast, corporate, educational, and house of worship applications.
Stellar Image Quality at 1080p (3G-SDI)
Supports 1080p video signals at bit rates as high as 3 Gbps — twice the rate of conventional HD. Asserts all the vividness of high-realism, high-detail camera and computer sources.
True Multi-format Performance
There's no need to convert the input source to match the video output format. The built-in scalers up-convert and down-convert any video source to the optimal resolution.
Freely switch between 1080p video that surpasses even broadcast quality. Full support not just for camera video, but for computer output as well -at a full range of resolutions. A new-generation multi-format switcher featuring high-quality built-in scalers on all inputs.
Full Range of Connectivity
The V-800HD supports a large number of input formats, from analog to digital, with all the necessary connectors. The SDI connectors accommodate 3G, HD, and SD. The DVI-I connectors pull full duty for DVI-D, DVI-A and even HDMI using a simple HDMI/DVI adapter. The Mini D-Sub 15 pin type connector accommodates SD/HD component as well as computer input via RGB.
4:4:4/10-bit Internal Processing
The V-800HD uses 4:4:4/10-bit internal signal processing. This lets you achieve compositing and output with no reduction in high-detail RGB signals driven from a computer. The result is a sharp, unblurred display of video and text, even on large screens and LED displays. The V-800HD delivers high image quality for all uses, from live broadcasts to event displays.
Newly Developed Key-compositing Engine
Along with the upgraded internal signal processing, a newly developed keyer is included. Chroma Key lets you adjust phase range, amount of chroma, and other parameters based on HSV color space that is closely related to human chromatic sensation. This allows you to achieve high quality and tight chroma key compositing even when using 1080p video sources. What’s more, the V-800HD can accept an External Key. This attractively composites colorful CG titles and gradation/transparency clips, enabling you to achieve visual effects that are even more impressive.
Multiviewer Output for Source Monitoring
The multiviewer output allows you to monitor the status of all input sources plus the Program and Preview outputs. The convenient HDMI connector enables the use of a readily available and affordable monitor. Use an HDMI monitor that supports HDCP and 60p signals. SDI and composite inputs are displayed at the original source frame rate. DVI-I/HDMI and RGB/Component inputs are displayed using a reduced frame rate. Changing the channel cross-point assignments changes the order of displayed sources. Still images imported from USB memory are not displayed on the source monitor.
Built-in HDCP Mode
When playing back a Blu-ray disc that contains commercial content or digital broadcast programming, the digital output is encoded using HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which is one means of copyright protection. This means that switchers that are not HDCP-compatible will not display or pass-through such video content, even in cases where permission for use in a live event was obtained from the copyright holder. To resolve this problem, the V-800HD features a dedicated mode that officially supports HDCP. A panel indicator lets you check the operating state when the unit is in the HDCP mode.
* In HDCP mode, no video signals are output from the analog or SDI connectors.
* The display or projector connected to a digital output must be HDCP-compatible as well.
Processing:Y:Pb:Pr, 4:4:4, 10-bit
480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
640 x 480/60Hz, 800 x 600/60Hz, 1024 x 768/60Hz, 1280 x 768/60Hz, 1280 x 1024/60Hz, 1366 x 768/60Hz, 1400 x 1050/60Hz, 1600 x 1200/60Hz, 1920x1080/60 Hz, 1920 x 1200/60Hz
- Still Image
Windows® Bitmap File (.bmp) * Maximum 1920 x 1200 pixels, 24 bit per pixel, uncompressed
INPUT/OUTPUT LEVEL AND IMPEDANCE
- Composite - 1.0 Vp-p, 75 ohms
- Analog HD/RGB0.7 Vp-p, 75 ohms (H, V : 5 VTTL)
- SDI (3G/HD/SD)BNC type x 4 * Conforms to SMPTE 424M (Level-A), 292M, 259M-C
- DVI-I/HDMI - DVI-I type x 4 * Select DVI-A or DVI-D/HDMI using menu per channel
- Analog Video HD - Component (Mini D-Sub 15 pin type) x 4 * Combined use with Analog RGB
- Analog Video SD - Composite (BNC type) x 4 * Select Composite or SDI using menu per channel
- Analog RGB - Mini D-Sub 15 pin type x 4 * Combined use with Analog HD (Component) * Select DVI-D/HDMI or Analog RGB using menu per channel
- SDI (3G/HD/SD) - BNC type x 2 * Conforms to SMPTE 424M (Level-A), 292M, 259M-C
- DVI-D/HDMI - DVI-D type x 2 HDMI x 1 (for multi-view monitor)
- Analog Video HD - Component (Mini D-Sub 15 pin type) x 4 * Combined use with Analog RGB
- Analog Video SD - Composite (BNC type) x 1
- Analog RGB - Mini D-Sub 15 pin type x 1 * Combined use with Analog HD (Component)
- Tally - Mini D-Sub 15 pin type x 2 * Input (max): 12V, 200 mA Open collector Type
- Reference - BNC type (IN, THRU) * Black Burst (Sync to frames), Bi-Level, Tri-Level
- MIDI - 5 pin DIN type (IN, OUT/THRU)
- RS-232C - D-Sub 9 pin type x 1
- USB port (host) - A type x 1 (for USB memory)
- Transition - Cut, Mix, Wipe (9 patterns)
- Composition - PinP, DSK, Chroma Key, Luminance Key, External Key
- Others - Output Fade, Output Freeze
- Power Supply - AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption - 75 W
- Accessories - Power Cord, Rack Mount Angle (2), Input Template, Owner’s Manual
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 482 mm, 19 inches
- Depth 274.6 mm, 10-13/16 inches
- Height 115.9 mm, 4-10/16 inchesWeight5.5 kg
- 12 lbs. 3 oz.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below