The Ultimate Format Converter
Grass Valley ProCoder 3 software combines speed and flexibility into a streamlined video conversion tool for professionals. Widely acknowledged as the leading software transcoder, ProCoder 3 features extensive input/output options, advanced filtering, batch processing and an easy-to-use interface.
Whether encoding MPEG video for DVD production, producing Windows Media for streaming or transcoding between NTSC and PAL, ProCoder 3 makes video format conversion quick and easy. Encode a single source to multiple targets simultaneously, run multiple conversion jobs back-to-back in batch mode, or use drag-and-drop preset icons to start conversion with a single click.
This new version of ProCoder features a number of enhancements for today's multi-format production needs:
- More Mobile Video Format Support — With the addition of H.264 encoding and decoding, ProCoder 3 is ready to convert and produce for popular mobile video devices such as the Apple iPod® and Sony PSP™.
- Added Assistance for EDIUS Production Workflows — The Canopus HQ codec is now included with ProCoder 3, allowing standalone encoding and decoding of Canopus HQ files without requiring Grass Valley EDIUS software installed on the machine with ProCoder.
- Support for the AVCHD Camcorder Format — AVCHD decoding capability allows the conversion of video footage from the new generation of compact camcorders for editing, streaming and DVD production.
- Encoding Speed Enhancements for Multi-core Systems — Grid Encoding support for MPEG-2 (Transport Stream) provides even greater encoding speed on modern multi-core and multi-CPU computer systems. This feature is automatically engaged when you choose the 'Preview DVD Target' or 'HDV Target' formats for encoding.
- Dolby® Digital Audio Support — Common in DVD production as well as retransmission, ProCoder 3 supports Dolby Digital audio encoding for enhanced audio quality in less space. ProCoder 3 also allows you to add, swap, and remove individual channels of audio within the target format with the inbuilt channel mixer.
ProCoder 3: Key Features
- Professional high-speed, high-quality encoding and conversion of video to all popular formats including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, Windows Media®, QuickTime® and more
- Grid encoding for MPEG-2 (transport stream, program stream) – support for multiple CPUs within one PC (including dual and quad core CPUs). Applies to 'HDV Target' and 'Preview DVD target' settings
- Watch folder function for automated encoding
- Job queuing manager with priority functions
- Stitching of multiple source files to create a single file
- Simultaneous creation of multiple target files
- Aspect ratio conversion
- NTSC/PAL conversion
- Frame rate interpolation and conversion
- Timecode creation and preservation
- Automatic adaptive deinterlacing
- 3:2 pulldown
- Inverse telecine
- Multi-pass VBR processing
- Full HD support for MPEG and Windows Media
- VOB file and DVD-Video image creation with chapter points
- Save droplets for quick, drag-and-drop conversion
- Separate audio import/export options including multiplexing
- Audio channel mapping
- Export plug-in for Grass Valley EDIUS version 4 and 5, and Adobe Premiere Pro 2.x and CS3, which provides extensive timeline export capabilities including DVD-Video image export options
- Multiple colorspace support including YUV and RGB
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below