The Avid Nitris DX/ DNxHD External Hardware Accelerator & Input/Output Unit works with Avid's Media Composer 7, Symphony, and NewsCutter. It is more than just an input/output device, as not only does it perform real-time encoding to DNxHD, it also provides hardware acceleration to your system when handling files encoded as DNxHD, HDV, DVCPro25 and XDCAM EX. This frees up your system's CPU and GPU resources for other tasks including playback and effects rendering.
The Nitris DX features SD/HD SDI, SD/HD component, composite, and S-Video I/O connectors. It also features HDMI out for monitoring. It supports ref sync in/out, Longitudinal Timecode (LTC), and Wordclock for digital audio sync. Optional expansion boards allow you to add full frame 3D (stereoscopic) functionality with DNxHD or you can add an optional board for AVC-Intra support.Real-Time EncodingEncodes to DNxHD in real time.Input/Output
- Dual Link support, RGB capture, composite, and S-Video I/O.
- Supports ADAT, XLR, 1/4", RCA analog, AES, S/PDIF.
- All outputs are always active, for simultaneous synchronized audio and video on all connections.
- Input audio pass-through mixing allows you to monitor the input audio without affecting the capture into Media Composer.
- Cross-convert between 720 and 1080 formats
Down-convert or up-convert between HD and SD formats.
- Nitris DX allows you to capture and output ancillary data, such as closed captioning and AFD.
- 24-frame SD workflow with Advanced Audio pull-down support for multiple audio sample rates with high-quality sample rate conversion on digital inputs.
- Sync to different video and digital audio clocks, including Black Burst, Tri-level, AES, and S/PDIF.
- Clock your audio output to a digital router while capturing video.
- The Nitris DX unit features two internal slots for compression/decompression (Codec) cards. It ships with one slot filled with the DNxHD card, and one slot available for an optional card.
- Installing an available DNxHD card allows the Nitris DX to offer real-time, full frame stereoscopic (3D) support, with simultaneous left and right eye input, output and monitoring.
- Installing an optional AVC-Intra card allows your Nitris DX to encode, decode, and accelerate both DNxHD and AVC-Intra.
- The unit is scalable, which allows it to support future formats, protocols, connectivity, and emerging technologies.
- PCIe Interface Board
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below