The World's Most Complete Sports Production System
Engineered with a purpose and built with a commitment to ensuring you have everything you need for professional sports production, NewTek 3Play 3P1 is the premier video solution for live game coverage, replay, training, and analysis, with the most complete set of real-time capabilities for modern sports production ever integrated into a single turnkey system, including native IP workflow integration and telestration.
NewTek 3Play 3P1 integrates seamlessly with NewTek IP Series, TriCaster TC1, and NVG1 NewTek-Vizrt IP Graphics Server. This gives sports producers or anyone needing replay capability the power to utilize any NDI source on the network for recording and replay, and conversely SDI sources connected to 3Play 3P1 are available as NDI sources anywhere. An equally significant option is LivePanel for 3Play 3P1, which give users control of 3Play 3P1 from any web browser, on any device, using any OS.
For both live sports and esports, delivering world-class replay, network-style presentation, and a phenomenal fan experience has never been easier or more affordable. 3Play 3P1 is truly replay redefined.
Engineered for the most demanding broadcast and media environments, 3Play 3P1 provides a winning combination of innovative technology and seamless workflow integration to power forward-thinking fan experiences that span from stadiums to screens to smartphones.
- Fully integrated sports production in resolutions up to 1080p 60
- SDI, hybrid, and end-to-end IP connectivity to adapt to your game plan
- Native software-driven processing for maximum production power and flexibility
- Integrated NDI® Telestrator Pro for live telestration from any compatible connected device, with support for remote video transport control
- Comprehensive camera coverage and delivery with support for 4 simultaneous external inputs and 2 outputs
- Synchronized continuous capture to full-resolution QuickTime® files for instant replay, live editing, post-production, and archive
- Versatile audio connectivity and capture, with support for digital, analog, and network audio, plus 8 channels of audio recording per input
- Multi-purpose video server with full frame-rate, multi-angle preview windows • Real-time social media sharing to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more
- Custom playlist building and highlights packaging for live insert, export, or VOD
- Intuitive asset management and tagging system for metadata entry, navigation, organization, and content retrieval
- Powerful production automation with custom macro commands, cross-platform workflow integration, and flexible control options
- Enhanced creative capabilities, including real-time layering, motion graphics, animated transitions, and more
- Industry-standard 2RU system chassis with included hardware control panel
3Play 3P1 Control Panel Included
Run every sports production with the confidence of a team captain. With a professional hardware panel included, 3Play 3P1 brings blazing speed and airtight control to the operator’s chair so you can read, react, and replay in record time.
NDI® Telestrator Pro
Enlighten and entertain audiences, enhancing play-by-play and analysis with live telestration— right from the first replay. With NDI® Telestrator Pro included with 3Play 3P1, you can annotate on screen and roll immediate replays over the network from any compatible networked device— with only a single Ethernet cable required.
NDI® Telestrator Pro supports telestration over either or both 3Play 3P1 output channels, offers a variety of professional paint tools, shapes, and customizable graphics, and includes responsive transport controls for remote playback. (External PC or touchscreen device with Microsoft® Windows 7 operating system (OS) or better required.)
Video Input: 4 x simultaneous external video inputs, supporting any combination of compatible sources
Network Video Input: 4 x resolution-independent IP video inputs via NDI®
SDI Video Input 4 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI connections supporting video input in any combination of standard formats, resolutions, and frame rates
- 1080p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
- 1080i: 59.94, 50
- 720p: 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.976
- 576i 50
- 480i 59.94
Video Output: 2 x session-format video outputs, with simultaneous delivery via IP and SDI
Network Video Output: 2 x session-format IP video outputs via NDI®
SDI Video Output: 4 x 3G/HD/SD-SDI connections supporting redundant delivery of 2x session-format video outputs
- 1 x DVI user interface with multiviewer
- 1 x HDMI multiviewer
- 1 x DisplayPort multiviewer
Recording: 4 x simultaneous recording channels
Recording Format: QuickTime® (XDCAM HD compatible, 4:2:2 encoding, 24-bit audio, with timecode) 1QuickTime Player not required for playback in common NLE applications
Storage: 3 x 3TB internal drive (capacity varies by format, resolution and file specification)
Grab: Grab full-resolution, deinterlaced still images from inputs and outputs
Export: Export video and image files to social media, FTP, local or external volumes, and network servers, with optional transcoding
DSK: 1 x DSK channel per output, with independent source selection and transition
Transitions: Supports custom transitions between output channels and playlist clips
Telestration: Integrated NDI® Telestrator Pro technology supporting real-time telestration and transport control from compatible devices over the network
Asset Management: Asset management system supporting metadata entry, tagging, filtering, organization, navigation, bookmarking, and integration with compatible MAM platforms
Local Audio Input
- 4 x SDI embedded
- 1 x Balanced XLR stereo pair (Line)
- 3 x Balanced 1/4” stereo pairs (Line)
Local Audio Output
- 4 x SDI embedded
- 1 x Balanced XLR stereo pair
- 1 x Balanced 1/4” stereo pair
- 1 x Stereo 1/4" (phones)
Network Audio: Native support for network audio input and output via NDI®
- Video: Floating Point YCbCr +A 4:4:4:4
- Audio: Floating Point, 96 kHz
Throughput Latency: ~1.0-1.5 frames
- 3G-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 424M (Level A)
- HD-SDI video conforms to SMPTE 292M
- SD video conforms to SMPTE 259M and ITU-R BT.656
- Analog audio levels conform to SMPTE RP-155
Genlock: Genlock input supporting SD (Bi-level) or HD (Tri-level) reference signals
Macros: Record, store, edit, and automate commands and user-configured operation sequences, including support for cross-platform automation between supported systems
AMP: Supports Advanced Media Protocol for remote control via compatible third-party production systems
GPI: Supports GPI signals via JLCooper Electronics eBox GPI interface
MIDI: Support for standard MIDI protocol enabling third-party device control
System Drive: 120GB SSD
NIC: 2 x 1 Gigabit NIC
System Physical 2RU chassis with 400W PSU and multi-tiered hardware and software fail-safe
- 19.0 x 3.5 x 19.57 in (48.3 x 8.9 x 49.7 cm) with rack ears attached
- ~26 lbs (~12 kg)
1) How is 3Play 3P1 different from the current 3Play product line (3Play 4800, 3Play 440, 3Play Mini, and 3Play 425)?
3Play 3P1 is designed for IP sports production. It is the first 3Play system to natively integrate NDI® into the primary input channels, as well as the DSK and output channels, allowing for an end-to-end IP workflow.
3Play 3P1 is also the first 3Play system to incorporate 3G-SDI hardware connections and native support for 1080p 60 video, both of which are becoming increasingly important in professional sports production.
Additionally, 3Play 3P1 includes NDI® Telestrator Pro, making it possible for users to integrate real-time telestration into their sports production workflows, and configurable system language settings allowing international customers to localize the user interface to their region.
2) Does 3Play 3P1 include a control panel with purchase?
Yes, the 3Play 3P1 Control Panel is included with purchase.
3) Is 3Play 3P1 compatible with LivePanel™?
Yes, NewTek LivePanel™ is compatible with 3Play 3P1 and available as an optional purchase.
4) Is 3Play 3P1 compatible with the NewTek Connect line of products, specifically the NC1 Studio Input Module and NC1 Studio I/O Module?
5) Does NDI® Telestrator Pro run on 3Play 3P1 or do I need a separate device?
NDI® Telestrator Pro requires an external PC or touchscreen device with Microsoft® Windows 7 OS or better, and a connection to the same network as 3Play 3P1 for use. Other system requirements may apply. Refer to the 3Play 3P1 user guide for more information.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below