HD PVR 2 model 1512 - now with optical audio in plus IR blaster to control your cable or satellite set top box!
- Record HD video from a cable or satellite box, or game play from a PC, Xbox?360 or PS3?
- Upload gameplay to YouTube with one click. Show your best gameplay to your friends!
- Record up to 1080p while you play your games on your HDMI TV set. Includes our no delay pass through, so you can play while you record in HD!
- Now includes StreamEez, so you can live stream your video game play. Create a Twitch or Ustream channel with StreamEez!
- Includes a built-in Record button, so you can start and stop your recordings without having to be at your PC. Plus with our Personal Logo inserter, you can add your own logo to your recordings and Twitch and Ustream channels.
- Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
- Microsoft? Windows? 8, 7, Vista or Windows XP Service Pack 3
- HD TV set with HDMI in (optional, for use with pass through)
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Graphics card with 256 MB memory
- Sound card
- 220 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive (for software installation)
Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording PS3 gameplay, use the included PS3 component video gaming cable.
Bundled software applications
- ArcSoft ShowBiz, with these features:
- Video capture for recording HD video
- Trim and combine your videos
- Upload videos to YouTube
- Burn Blu-ray compatible discs
- WinTV v7, with TV Scheduler and IR blaster so you can record TV from a cable or satellite box
- Hauppauge SteamEez software, to stream your game play to Twitch or Ustream
- Hauppauge?s Personal Logo inserter, to burn your logo into your recordings and your video streams
Included in this package
- HD PVR 2 high definition H.264 personal video recorder, USB 2.0
- 6V 1.6 amp power supply
- USB cable - 9 ft.
- 2 meter HDMI cable to connect to your TV monitor
- 2 meter IR blaster cable
- Component video cable with Hauppauge A/V adapter cable, to connect to your cable or satellite box
- Installation CD-ROM
- Quick installation guide
Note: HD PVR 2 will not record video from HDMI with HDCP copy protection. If you are recording from a cable or satellite TV box, we have included a set of Component video cables to connect to your box.
HD PVR 2 hardware specs
- Hardware encoder
- H.264 AVCHD high definition video encoder, video encode to 1080p30 from HDMI or component video
- No delay HDMI pass through: HDMI or Component in to HDMI out, up to 1080p
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec
- Recording formats: MP4 or TS
- Video down conversion
- Input/output connections
- HDMI in from HDMI sources without HDCP (Xbox 360 or PC game console)
- Component video in, with stereo audio
- SPDIF optical audio in
- IR blaster out to control channel changing on a set top box
- S-Video and composite video in, with stereo audio (requires an optional cable)
- HDMI output
- Size: 6 in wide x 6 in deep x 1.5 in high
- Power: 6V at 1.6 amps
- Weight: .75lb / .34 kg / 12 oz
- Recording formats
- 1080p60p (recorded as 1080p30)
- 1080p50p (recorded as 1080p25)
HD PVR 2: your personal high definition video recorder!
HD PVR 2 records video at up to 1080p from a satellite or cable TV set top box, a PC game system, Sony PlayStation? 3, Wii U or Microsoft Xbox? 360. HD PVR 2 can record from either HDMI (without HDCP protection) or Component Video at up to 1080p.
Once you have made your recordings, you can share them with your friends on YouTube or you can burn them in high definition onto a disc for playback on a Blu-ray player.
Amazing HD audio and video quality
HD PVR 2 uses the newest generation H.264 video encoder and records at resolutions up to 1080P30. The H.264 format is used by Blu-ray discs and exceeds other video compression standards in quality and disk space consumption, providing a crisp image and amazing digital sound. H.264 uses 1/3 the disk space compared with the popular MPEG-2 format.
And with HD PVR 2?s S/PDIF optical audio input, your audio will be as amazing as the video!
HD PVR 2 for PC gamers: your personal HD recorder for your game play
Record your best gaming moves without slowing down your PC. The video compression is done inside HD PVR 2 so you can record your PC game play in HD without slowing down your PC.
Make your own HD movie library from cable or satellite TV
Create a HD library of your favorite TV programs by burning up to 2 hours of HD PVR 2 video onto a standard DVD-R disc. The discs created with the included ShowBiz application can be played on Blu-ray disc players.
Record your favorite cable or satellite TV programs in HD. Includes an IR blaster to control the channel changing on your set top box
Connect HD PVR to your satellite or cable TV set top box via the HD component cables (supplied). With the TV scheduler and IR blaster, HD PVR can change the channel on the set top box and record the selected program. Hauppauge?s TV Scheduler provides a easy way to schedule your TV recordings. Create a schedule of weekly or once only recordings, and HD PVR will record them automatically! Find your favorite movie, sports event or show, schedule it and let HD PVR 2 take over!
Record your best PC game play in HD. Upload to YouTube and share with your friends!
HD PVR 2 records PC game play in HD using HDMI. You can also record Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U game play. And HD PVR 2?s HD video passthrough means you can record and watch your game play at the same time, with no delay! HD PVR 2 captures videos in a format which is perfect for uploading to YouTube.
HD PVR 2 has ?no delay passthrough? so you can play your video game while recording. To use the no delay pass through, simply connect HD PVR 2 between your game console and your HD TV set. HDMI output is provided to make it easy to connect to your TV monitor.
For recording HD TV programs from a cable or satellite TV box, HD PVR 2 includes an IR blaster which can change the channels on your set top box. Use the included WinTV application to schedule recordings of your favorite TV programs and the IR blaster will change to the correct channel for the recording.
Microsoft Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later.
If you are using Windows Media Center, the latest HD PVR driver allows Windows 7 Media Center to use the HD PVR as a TV recorder. The recording is done in high definition and with H.264.
Yes, a PC or laptop is required to use HD PVR. The PC is used to both run the HD PVR application plus is the place where HD PVR recordings are stored. HD PVR does not have any internal disk storage.
HD PVR connects to a PC or laptop computer through a USB 2.0 port. The HD PVR recordings are stored on the PC's disk drive.
No, the pass thru cables only work on a TV with Componet input (Red, Green, Blue) you can not connect using the Composite (yellow) standard definition input on the TV.
There are several third party applications which support HD PVR on a Mac. These applications are sold separately. One of them can be found at:
When you playback an HD PVR recording on your PC screen, you need a fast CPU and at least 256MB of graphics memory.
Processor Requirements (minimum):
- Dual core CPU 2.0Ghz or faster
- Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- USB 2.0 Port
Using extended or inferior usb cables can lead to lockups and poor performance.
With the latest HD PVR driver, HD PVR can be used as a video recorder for cable TV and satellite set top boxes in Windows 7 Media Center. Your Windows Media Center recordings will be made in high definition using H.264. The Windows Media Center electronic program guide operates as normal with supported set top boxes.
To try out the Media Center support for Windows Media Center, click the "Media Center Support" tab above.
Currently, there are no drivers available for Linux. But there is a beta version of MythTV which supports HD PVR:. http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HD-PVR
Also, VDR, a Linux based project, now supports HD PVR. Drop a note to [email protected] for more information.
By connecting the Component video output from your high definiton cable TV or satellite TV set top box to the component video inputs of the HD PVR, you will be able to record the TV programs coming from your set top box to the hard disk. Component video connections are normally the Red/Green/Blue connectors on the back of a set top box. Sometimes they are also called YPrPb or YCrCb connectors.
HD PVR encodes in real time directly to the hard disk in an H.264 format with AAC or AC-3 audio.
There are three formats which you can choose when recording a video:
- .TS which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
- .M2TS which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
- .MP4 which is compatible with the XBox360
All recording file types can be used to burn AVCHD Blu-ray compatible disc recordings.
The HD PVR f
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below