Produce a live 2-camera shoot from any Mac or PC quickly and easily.
Upgrade your options with the Pro version of the Wirecast 8 software for even more live production features including multi-channel audio mixing, additional Rendezvous callers, Instant replay perfect for live sports production and NDI output for added flexibility to make your laptop or PC a network-enabled I/O device for a larger NDI production system.
3 bundle combinations to choose from for live production and multicamera streaming:
- SDI: 2 Epiphan AV.io SDI video grabbers bundled with Telestream Wirecast Pro to create a portable and easy to use live production and streaming solution.
- 4K: 2 Epiphan AV.io 4K video grabbers bundled with Telestream Wirecast Pro to create a portable and easy to use live production and streaming solution.
- 4K & SDI: 1 Epiphan AV.io 4k grabber and 1 Epiphan SDI video grabber bundled with Telestream Wirecast Pro to create a portable and easy to use live production and streaming solution.
Wirecast 8 Pro: Live Streaming Production Software
Turn your computer into a television studio with Wirecast. Telestream Wirecast® is live streaming and production software that gives you everything they need to stream and produce professional-quality video from your mac or windows computer to Facebook, Youtube Live, Twitter/Periscope, and many, many more. Connect multiple live cameras, IP sources, audio interfaces, live screen captures, wifi or LTE sources, and mix in other media such as videos, images, sounds on the fly with professional transitions, 3D titles and graphics, green screen keying, virtual sets, live scoreboards, Twitter comments and more.
Bring in live remote guests instantly with Wirecast Rendezvous and host your own talk show. Wirecast is ideal for producing live internet shows, webinars, news, sporting events, concerts, religious services, corporate meetings, lectures, and online game streams affordably and easily.
Plug in your camera. Prepare your shots. Broadcast live.
Telestream’s Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds, and adding production features such as transitions, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, and live scoreboards. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
- Easy to use
You don't need to be a video professional to create polished live broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable - all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
- Capture from multiple cameras and other input sources
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of input sources ranging from web cameras (via USB, firewire), DV/HDV, SDI cameras (via capture cards), as well as IP and web-based sources and wireless devices.
Wirecast supports a large number of capture cards and devices including many from Blackmagic Design, Matrox, Teradek and more. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds.
- Switch between live feeds and other media
Wirecast's powerful production capabilities make it easy to switch between multiple live camera feeds while dynamically mixing in prerecorded video, audio, graphics and slides. Easily generate transitions, titles and lower thirds, and other video effects for added polish.
Epiphan AV.io SDI Video Grabbers
AV.io SDI is a simple to use, portable video grabber with no drivers to install. Use it with your favorite web-cam capture application on Windows, Mac and Linux systems for high quality video capture from any 3G-SDI, HD-SDI or SD-SDI video source. Captures audio from 3G-SDI and HD-SDI too! AV.io SDI transfers lossless uncompressed video at 60 fps with resolutions up to 1920×1080 over USB 3.0.
AV.io SDI provides cross-platform, UVC-based video capture for 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI signals, including embedded audio. It is portable, flexible, and simple to use: the perfect companion to your SDI video camera. Best of all, there’s no installation required! Simply connect AV.io SDI to your video camera (or the output from a video mixing board) and capture station and it’s ready to start capturing live audio and video with third-party application favorites such as Skype, Wirecast and VLC media player!
Epiphan AV.io 4K: HDMI to USB 4K Capture Card
The plug and play AV.io 4K capture card is auto-detected by Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. To capture HDMI video sources, simply connect the included cables from your video source to AV.io 4K then connect AV.io 4K to your computer via USB.
Choose your resolution
AV.io 4K captures resolutions up to 4096×2160, with 4K UHD video streaming at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. Choose to use your video at its original resolution or let AV.io scale it for you to exactly what you need.
4K streaming anywhere, anytime
This hand-size grabber fits in any kit, or even your pocket, in a pinch. It is a USB video grabber, so its HDMI capture works perfectly up to 4K on any computer with USB 3.0
Crystal clear audio
AV.io 4K captures PCM audio over HDMI™ at up to 24-bit 96 kHz. The two-channel stereo audio output has automatic resampling at 48 kHz and encodes in 16-bit
Works seamlessly with your favorite paid or free applications such as Wirecast, Skype, Adobe FMLE, QuickTime, VLC media player and Windows Camera. Save captured content and upload to video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo and others with ease.
Tough as nails
AV.io 4K capture card is perfect for reliable and repeated long-term use. It uses the same metal exterior as all other Epiphan video grabbers, which means that you could drop it down a flight of stairs and step on it, and it would still work. The same enclosure has even been used in space!
AV.io SDI Technical Specifications
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0.|
|OS drivers||UVC and UAC device|
|Dimensions||3.54″ × 2.36″ × 0.91″, 90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm|
|Connectors||SDI (BNC-style), USB 3.0 B-Type connector|
|Input||3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI (including embedded audio for 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Input resolution||Up to 1920×1080|
|Output frame rate
Note that the third party software you’re using sets the frame size and bitrate.
|Output Resolution||Available frame rates|
|640×360||15, 30, 60 fps|
|640×480||15, 30, 60 fps|
|960×540||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1280×720||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1920×1080||15, 30, 60 fps|
|Output color space||YUV 4:2:2|
|Capture latency||Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute to capture delay.|
|Audio (input)||16-bit and 24-bit PCM encoded audio 48 kHz (audio capture supported from 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Audio output||16-bit 48 kHz stereo audio|
|LED||One LED to indicate the status of the AV.io SDI (power, readiness, and operation in progress)|
|OS Support||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported.|
|Country of Origin||Made in North America (Canada)|
*Audio capture not supported for SD-SDI
AV.io 4K Technical Specifications
|Operating System Support||Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported.|
|Drivers||Native UVC and UAC device auto-detected by OS.|
|Input resolution||Standard and non-standard resolution from 640×360 up to 4096×2160 (4K DCI)|
|Output connector||USB 3.0 B-Type connector with USB 2.0 backward compatibility|
|Output scaling||Choose from: no scaling (1:1), preserve aspect ratio scaling or aspect ratio conversion scaling|
|Declared output formats (USB 3.0)||Color space YUY2 (4:2:2)||Color space NV12 (4:2:0)|
|640×360||15, 23.97, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps||15, 23.97, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 fps|
|3840×2160 (4K UHD)||5, 10, 15, 20||15, 23.97, 24, 25, 29.97, 30|
|4096×2160 (DCI 4K)1|
|USB host controllers||When capturing 4K resolutions we recommend using a computer with an Intel USB host controller (this is the most common type) to achieve the best results. With other USB host controllers such as ASM, AMD, VIA, Renesas, Eltron, Fresco and TI, capture will be at 96% to 79% of the expected frame rate.|
|HDMI Audio Input||Up to 96 kHz sampling rates|
|Audio output||16-bit 48 kHz stereo sampling rates|
|Capture latency||Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute capture delay|
|HDCP||High-bandwidth digital content protection (HDCP) protected content cannot be captured|
|LED||LED indicates the status of the AV.io 4K|
|Dimensions||3.54″ × 2.36″ × 0.91″, (90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm)|
Wirecast Pro Tech Specs
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan||Windows 10, macOS Sierra|
|Processor||i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1||i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+|
|Memory||4GB RAM||16GB+ RAM|
|Hard Drive||2GB2, 7200 RPM for record to disk||500GB+, Solid State OS Drive|
|Graphics Card||Intel HD3, DirectX 11 capable||Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory|
|Internet Connectivity||Open HTTP/HTTPS port 80, RTMP port 1935, port 7272 for Remote Desktop Presenter||If behind a firewall, check with your CDN for any sites to whitelist|
NewBlueFX Titler Live Express & Present – Includes over 60 title templates for lower-thirds and overlays (Mac & Windows).
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Studio includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express.
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Pro includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Present.
Remote Desktop Presenter – Please use the Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.8, available as a separate download from Telestream.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate be available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
Studio (2 guests + 1 host)
Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
|Bandwidth4||Add 4 Mbps||Add 5+ Mbps5|
|Processor4||i5 quad-core6||i7 quad-core6|
4 Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.
5 Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6 Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate are sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications.
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
- Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
- List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an NVidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
- NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs
- Telestream Wirecast 8 Pro software
- 2 Epiphan AV.io video grabbers (choose 2x SDI, 2x 4K, or 4K + SDI)
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below