Combines 2 Epiphan AV.io 4K video grabbers with Telestream Wirecast Studio to create a portable and easy to use live production and streaming solution.
Produce a live 2-camera shoot from any Mac or PC quickly and easily.
If you’re looking for a portable and affordable way to add live streaming capabilities to one or more computers, the Wirecast AV.io bundle is a great option. These bundles quickly, easily, and affordably convert any Windows or Mac notebook or desktop computer with USB 3.0 connectors into a live production station.
Telestream Wirecast Studio
All-in-one live video streaming software that enables unlimited capture, live production, and encoding of HD and SD sources for live streams broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously.
With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras, bring in remote guests or screenshares, while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds. Next, easily add production features such as transitions, instant replay, playlists, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, live scoreboards and clocks. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
Capture from multiple cameras and other input sources,
Wirecast supports an unlimited number of input sources ranging from web cameras (via USB), to professional HDMI or SDI cameras (via capture cards), local network NDI and IP sources, and even remote guests, web and mobile devices. Wirecast supports a large number of capture cards and devices including many from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Magewell, Matrox, Teradek and more. Simply connect your input sources to your computer and Wirecast will recognize them as live feeds.
With Wirecast Rendezvous you can send a link to anyone on a smart device or computer to join you in your live broadcast – with the click of a button.
Easy to use
You don’t need to be a video professional to create polished live broadcasts. Wirecast is easy and affordable – all you need is a camera, a computer and an Internet connection to broadcast your live video productions to any audience, live or on-demand at a fraction of the cost of other live video streaming solutions.
Epiphan AV.io 4K: HDMI to USB 4K Capture Card
The plug and play AV.io 4K capture card is auto-detected by Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. To capture HDMI video sources, simply connect the included cables from your video source to AV.io 4K then connect AV.io 4K to your computer via USB.
Choose your resolution
AV.io 4K captures resolutions up to 4096×2160, with 4K UHD video streaming at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. Choose to use your video at its original resolution or let AV.io scale it for you to exactly what you need.
4K streaming anywhere, anytime
This hand-size grabber fits in any kit, or even your pocket, in a pinch. It is a USB video grabber, so its HDMI capture works perfectly up to 4K on any computer with USB 3.0
Crystal clear audio
AV.io 4K captures PCM audio over HDMI™ at up to 24-bit 96 kHz. The two-channel stereo audio output has automatic resampling at 48 kHz and encodes in 16-bit
Works seamlessly with your favorite paid or free applications such as Wirecast, Skype, Adobe FMLE, QuickTime, VLC media player and Windows Camera. Save captured content and upload to video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo and others with ease.
Tough as nails
AV.io 4K capture card is perfect for reliable and repeated long-term use. It uses the same metal exterior as all other Epiphan video grabbers, which means that you could drop it down a flight of stairs and step on it, and it would still work. The same enclosure has even been used in space!
AV.io 4K Technical Specifications
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0.|
|OS drivers||UVC and UAC device|
|Dimensions||3.54″ × 2.36″ × 0.91″, 90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm|
|Connectors||SDI (BNC-style), USB 3.0 B-Type connector|
|Input||3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI (including embedded audio for 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Input resolution||Up to 1920×1080|
|Output frame rate
Note that the third party software you’re using sets the frame size and bitrate.
|Output Resolution||Available frame rates|
|640×360||15, 30, 60 fps|
|640×480||15, 30, 60 fps|
|960×540||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1280×720||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1920×1080||15, 30, 60 fps|
|Output color space||YUV 4:2:2|
|Capture latency||Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute to capture delay.|
|Audio (input)||16-bit and 24-bit PCM encoded audio 48 kHz (audio capture supported from 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Audio output||16-bit 48 kHz stereo audio|
|LED||One LED to indicate the status of the AV.io SDI (power, readiness, and operation in progress)|
|OS Support||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported.|
|Country of Origin||Made in North America (Canada)|
*Audio capture not supported for SD-SDI
Telestream Wirecast Studio 8
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, macOS Sierra, Mac OS X El Capitan||Windows 10, macOS Sierra|
|Processor||i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1||i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+|
|Memory||4GB RAM||16GB+ RAM|
|Hard Drive||2GB2, 7200 RPM for record to disk||500GB+, Solid State OS Drive|
|Graphics Card||Intel HD3, DirectX 11 capable||Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory|
|Internet Connectivity||Open HTTP/HTTPS port 80, RTMP port 1935, port 7272 for Remote Desktop Presenter||If behind a firewall, check with your CDN for any sites to whitelist|
NewBlueFX Titler Live Express & Present – Includes over 60 title templates for lower-thirds and overlays (Mac & Windows).
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Studio includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Express.
Purchase of Wirecast 8 Pro includes a free copy of NewBlueFX Titler Live Present.
Remote Desktop Presenter – Please use the Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.8, available as a separate download from Telestream.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate be available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
Studio (2 guests + 1 host)
Pro (7 guests + 1 host)
|Bandwidth4||Add 4 Mbps||Add 5+ Mbps5|
|Processor4||i5 quad-core6||i7 quad-core6|
4 Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.
5 Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6 Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate are sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications.
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
- 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
- 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
- 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
- Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
- List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an NVidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
- NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below