Transitions, Professional Text, and Advanced Composites
Boris RED is the only integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects application to deliver unparalleled performance to video editing software from Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony. An indispensable tool for post-production and broadcast professionals, RED offers a wide range of features right on your NLE timeline and adds a standalone engine for effects creation and rendering. RED integrates broadcast-quality text generators, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, true 3D shapes and animation, and the industry?s most comprehensive image processing filter suite.
Boris RED is a plug-in application for high-end text, transitions, and advanced composites inside Avid Media Composer, Avid Symphony, and Avid NewsCutter editing software. Boris RED 5.5 is a successor to Avid FX, previously bundled with all Avid editing solutions. Customers who purchase Boris RED 5.5 today will be eligible for an upgrade to Boris RED 6, a major release slated for later this year. Users of Boris RED 5 are entitled to a free upgrade to 5.5.
Boris RED 5.5 Feature Highlights:
- RT (real-time) Filters and Transitions. Improved performance and new integration with Avid software allow for near real-time preview of titles, transitions, and effects.
- Full Compatibility with Previous Avid FX Projects. Open legacy Media Composer projects in Media Composer/Symphony 8 can edit Avid FX titles and effects with Boris RED 5.5 for Avid.
- Improved Text Tool Uniformity. The text tool in the Boris FX toolbar is added to Mac platforms to match the previous Windows toolbar. Text can now be typed and manipulated directly in the Boris RED preview panel.
- Improved Text Window Look And Feel. Numeric sidebars for accurate text sizing have been added for Windows users.
- Avid Media Composer 8, Symphony 8, and NewsCutter Compatibility. Starting with version 5.5, Boris RED will support all future versions of Avid editing and finishing applications.
Adobe: Creative Cloud 2014, CC, CS6, CS5.5 – Premiere Pro
Apple: Final Cut Pro v7
Avid: Media Composer 5, 6, 7, 8; Avid Symphony 5, 6; Avid Newscutter 9,10
Blackmagic: DaVinci Resolve 11, 12
Sony Vegas Pro: 11, 12, 13
Assimilate: Scratch 8
Grass Valley: Edius 5, 6, 7
We recommend that you run the latest graphics card driver version supported by your host application. A graphics card with a minimum of 512MB of RAM is suggested; 1GB of RAM is recommended.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below