Industry News and Press Releases, Software
Grass Valley Press Release: Grass Valley Launches EDIUS 9 with New Floating Licenses, Enhanced Interface and Integrated HDR Support
Grass Valley Launches EDIUS 9 with New Floating Licenses, Enhanced Interface and Integrated HDR Support
MONTREAL, October 19, 2017 — EDIUS Nonlinear Editing Software from Grass Valley, a Belden Brand, makes it easy for users to edit anything, fast. With support for more formats and more resolutions in real time than other solutions, EDIUS is the platform of choice for demanding creative and production professionals around the world. EDIUS 9, available on November 1, adds a number of new features to make it even more powerful.
A new “Cloud Ready” floating license package is designed for large facilities such as broadcast stations or educational environments, allowing users to install EDIUS across multiple systems and then run a set number simultaneously at any given time, adding more licenses as needed. This feature will enable the use of EDIUS 9 on virtual workstations with major cloud platforms. The floating license package also includes license management software, making it much easier to manage the license with a single key.
EDIUS 9 performance enhancements include:
- Native editing of HDR material
- Export of HDR, which addresses the growing use of HDR content and supplements the existing ability of EDIUS to work directly in a number of 4K and HDR formats
- Ability to mix SDR and HDR material in the same project, and output results in either color space
- Native end-to end support for HDR content from professional and consumer camcorders from major camera manufacturers, and also for HDR video from drones and smartphones
- Workflow updates, such as Canon EOS C200 “Cinema RAW Light” decoding, still raw file decoding and improvement of the user interface
- Third-party hardware support update
- Third-party hardware 4K 50p/60p output support (EDIUS Workgroup 9 only)
- Mync (media management software) bundled with EDIUS 9 implements a powerful new Meta Smart Search function
As with all previous versions of EDIUS, the software provides very stable performance and fast operation on every project from start to finish.
“EDIUS users are a very loyal group, and they are constantly giving us feedback on how to make the platform more powerful and more efficient,” said Boromy Ung, vice president, News, Grass Valley. “Easier license structures, more format support, faster download and installation—these are all things that will make EDIUS even more indispensable for editing professionals. We love seeing all the different ways our customers use EDIUS to produce content for their viewing audiences.”
The floating license package will be available in April 2018. For purchases of EDIUS 8 after Sept. 1, 2017, a free upgrade to EDIUS 9 will be available, and for users of earlier versions, a jump upgrade package will be offered.