To upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 12 for Education, you must be a current student or teacher and own one of the following Pro Tools licenses, which will need to be surrendered upon activation:
- Pro Tools Academic 9, 10, or 11
- Pro Tools Express bundled with Pro Tools | Mbox, Fast Track Solo, or Fast Track Duo interfaces only (InMusic versions of Pro Tools Express are not eligible)
- Pro Tools M-Powered 6–8 or MP 9
All Pro Tools for Education upgrades and crossgrades include an annual All Access Upgrade and Support plan, which provides access to all future upgrades, an amazing collection of bonus plug-ins, and support for the first year. all future Pro Tools software upgrades for one full year—including the upcoming cloud collaboration and Avid Marketplace features—plus, access to world-class professional support around the clock. After one year, simply renew your plan annually for just $99/year to continue access.
To activate this upgrade, you must be a current student or teacher and will be asked to verify your eligibility after purchasing. You must also own one of the Pro Tools licenses above. You will receive a serial number to use your software—upon approval—after submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid.
Why upgrade or crossgrade?
Depending on which version of Pro Tools you’re upgrading or crossgrading from, the following may be new to you:
- Free up CPU power and collaborate easier with Track Freeze, Commit, and Bounce
- Move and position overlapping clips with better precision using clip transparency
- Eliminate repetitive editing tasks by creating custom batch fades and presets
- Create even bigger mixes with support for up to 128 simultaneous audio tracks and 512 instrument tracks
- Work with new advanced tools and features, right in Pro Tools:
- Mix and control groups of tracks faster and easier with VCA Masters
- Mix with confidence using 17 advanced metering options, including K-system, VU, and other professional standards
- Get gain reduction metering on every channel to gauge dynamics
- Experience smoother performance and highly responsive recording and playback with the extended disk cache, which loads entire sessions into RAM—no matter how large
- Rehearse and record more easily with track input monitoring
- Dial in cue mixes in a snap by copying fader settings to sends
- Solo tracks in PFL (pre-fader listen) or AFL (after-fader listen) mode for optimal recording
- Get access to Space, a high-quality convolution reverb plug-in, plus 16 jaw-dropping stompbox effects emulations—free for the first year
- Unleash your creativity with multiple times more processing power than ever before
- Add epic numbers of virtual instruments and effects to create richer sounding mixes
- Get unrivaled sound quality and powerful 64-bit performance to handle bigger mixes
- Play HD video right in the Pro Tools timeline—without transcoding
- Polish mixes with over 75 64-bit AAX virtual instrument and effects plug-ins
Access upgrades, bonus plug-ins, and more
- Your Pro Tools for Education upgrade comes with a newly enhanced All Access Annual Upgrade and Support Plan. Not only do you get access to all new Pro Tools releases and our Customer Care team, but also to a bonus collection of high-quality Avid plug-ins for the duration of your annual plan (renewable for $99/year).
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it, with world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
* Please note that the latest versions of Pro Tools for Education require an iLok 2 Smart Key.
Available Academic purchases for institutions (multi-seat licenses)
Eligible academic institutions may purchase multi-seat licenses for Pro Tools. In some cases volume discounts may apply. This type of purchase must be made through a school or university purchase order.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More