The Avid Artist | DNxIQ uses a PCIe Gen 3 card and cable kit manufactured by Blackmagic Design.
Note that the Gen3 cable for the DNxIQ is 2 meters in length.
* The PCIe Gen 2 cards (and cables) that were sold for Artist | DNxIO, Nitris DX or Mojo DX will not work with the Artist | DNxIQ.
1. PCIe is the interface to be used to connect DNxIQ when used with a Windows workstation or Mac Pro Westmere tower
2. The target I/O slot for DnxIQ is not the same as Nitris-DX and Mojo-DX hardware.
3. The target I/O slot for DNxIQ is Gen3. Gen3 will support the higher performing features of DNxIO.
4. Exception - The target I/O slot for DNxIQ and Nitris-DX / Mojo-DX will be the same in CPU’s that do not offer Gen3 technology I/O slots.
5. More recent windows workstations such as the HP Z840, Z640 etc, and equivalent models by DELL and Lenovo offer a Thunderbolt HBA option. With Nitris-DX / Mojo-DX , simultaneous installation of both an Avid DX HIB HBA and a Thunderbolt HBA was not possible because the two HBA’s required the identical slot location. With DNxIQ this limitation no longer exists. A user can now connect DNxIQ via PCIe in one slot and accommodate a Thunderbolt HBA in another slot for Thunderbolt storage. This insures optimal performance because the DNxIQ PCIe interface and the Thunderbolt HBA reside on separate I/O buses. Daisy chaining Thunderbolt devices on the same Thunderbolt bus can degrade performance due to “bus-sharing” and should be avoided whenever possible.
6. Although DNxIQ and Nitris / Mojo use different I/O slots , a user cannot simultaneously connect DNxIQ and Nitris-DX or Mojo-DX in the same system. This will not work and is not supported.
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below