Sorry, this item is no longer available.
4 BAY Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 RAID TOWER Thunderbolt
Introducing the compact and whisper quiet Areca ARC-5026 designed with powerful and versatile connectivity through either Ultra Fast Thunderbolt or SuperSpeed USB 3.0 allowing you to move data without limits and delivering outstanding performance, high storage capacity and fail-safe operation. Ingest, edit, archive and playback multiple steams of uncompressed 8bit and 10 bit HD video with relative ease and lightning fast responsiveness. Supports up to 4TB SATA drives in each hot-swap drive bay, giving you up to 16TB* of raw storage making the ARC-5026 the best in class solution around.
A revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-performance data devices and high-resolution displays through a single, compact port. It sets new standards for speed, flexibility and simplicity. Thunderbolt gives you two channels on the same connector with 10Gbps of throughput in both directions, so you can move data to and from peripherals up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than with Firewire 800.
With Thunderbolt technology, you finally have a way to get the same high performance storage to your laptop or just as likely to build a professional video setup around the latest Thunderbolt technology.
Rotational vibration dampening design for reducing vibration between drives and help keep drives running at peak performance.
Individual LED lights for Power, Activity and Failure for instant status of each drive.
Supports 2.5" and 3.5" HDD or SSD
The ARC-5026 RAID storage has a browser-based RAID manager embedded in the firmware and can be accessed through the dedicated ethernet port for remote management and configuration as well as . This can be used as an alternative way to manage or configure the RAID storage instead of using or installing the Areca MRAID utility.
- 933Mhz I/O Processor
- 1GB on Board DDR3 SDRAM with ECC Proctection
- Dual Thunderbolt Ports + Single USB 3.0 Port
- Battery Backup Module Ready (optional)
Built-In RAID Controller
- Supports RAID level 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50, 60, Single Disk or JBOD
- Multiple RAID selection
- Online array roaming
- Online RAID level/stripe size migration
- Online capacity expansion and RAID level migration simultaneously
- Online Volume set growth
- Support global hot spare and local hot spare
- Instant availability and background initialization
- Automatic drive insertion / removal detection and rebuilding
- Disk scrubbing / array verify scheduling for automatic repair of all configured RAID sets
- Support intelligent power management to save energy and extend service life
- Support NTP protocol to synchronize RAID controller clock over the on-board LAN port
- Up to 8x 3.5" and 2.5" 6Gb/s SATA HDD or SSD (3Gb/s backwards compatible)
- Up to 4TB SATA Drives in each drive bay
- Hot swappable drive trays
Model Number / Storage Capacity
- ARC-5026 : Diskless
- ARC-5026-8T : 4x 2TB SATA Drives = 8TB Raw Capacity (Approximately 7TB of Usable Storage under RAID 5)
- ARC-5026-12T : 4x 3TB SATA Drives = 12TB Raw Capacity (Approximately 9TB of Usable Storage under RAID 5)
- ARC-5026-16T : 4x 4TB SATA Drives = 16TB Raw Capacity (Approximately 12TB of Usable Storage under RAID 5)
- Two Thuderbolt Ports - 10Gb/s per Channel
- Simultaneous bi-directional, 10Gb/s transfers over a single cable
- Dual-Protocol support (PCI Express and Display Port)
- Compatible with existing Display Port devices
- Daisy-Chain Support
- One USB 3.0 Port - 5Gbps (Backwards compatible to USB 2.0)
- Field-upgradeable firmware in flash ROM
- Firmware-embedded RAID manager via web browser based MRAID storage manager or LCD
- 10/100 LAN port for out of band Firmware-embedded browser based RAID manager, SMTP manager, SNMP agent and Telnet function
- API library for customer to combine GUI with its own monitor utility
- Command line Interface
Monitors / Notification
- Environment and drive failure indication through LCD, LED and alarm buzzer
- Keep silent and adequate air flow and cooling by intelligent variable speed cooling fan
- Enclosure management ready
- Mac OS X
- Windows 7/8 - *Install Driver First - Windows Driver Link
Dimensions & Weight
- 6.5 (w) x 9.1 (h) x 4.8 (d) inches
- 8 lbs - without drives
- ~20 lbs - with drives
- 3 Year Manufacture Warranty
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below