The 360Orb is a professional tool for filming high resolution 2D and 3D virtual reality 360 video content. Positioning 24 GoPro™ cameras in a spherical orientation, the 360Orb 360 Plug-n-Play™ Holder captures 360 x 180 degree videos and photos at resolutions as high as 32K. This model is ideal for studio shoots and other close quarter environments due to its high degree of frame overlap and the close proximity to which subjects can approach the unit without causing stitching issues in post-production.
The close proximity of each camera in the 360Orb configuration offers a high degree of frame overlap for each camera’s FOV (field of view). This means objects and subject matter can be very close (within 2-3 feet) to the unit while filming in comparison to other models without creating distortion or parallax issues during the stitching process.
The 360Orb incorporates our new modular 360 Plug-n-Play™ camera design into a horizontal 24-camera configuration. The new design features hinged camera arms for simple camera installation and durability, an anodized aluminum core for added strength and 3/8” mounting points for versatile mounting. The 360Orb’s configuration features 16 cameras positioned along the horizon, four upward facing cameras and four downward facing cameras. This makes it possible to capture fully spherical monoscopic footage as well as stereoscopic footage along the horizon with approximately 20 degrees of monoscopic footage on the top and bottom of the sphere.
The 360Orb is designed to film high resolution content for virtual reality head mounted displays (HMDs), 360 video platforms, planetarium domes, dome theaters and large-scale displays. Down compressed footage filmed with this model is also ideal for HMDs such as the Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR and for streaming via 360 video platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Littlstar and Vrideo.
- Mounts 24 cameras in (not included) a patented 360 Plug-n-Play™ orientation
- Captures fully spherical monoscopic 360 x 180 degree videos and photos
- Capable of capturing stereoscopic footage along the horizon and monoscopic footage for approximately 20 degrees on the top and bottom of the spherical video
- Output resolutions up to 32,000 x 16,000 pixels
- 24-camera configuration offers a high degree of frame overlap for improved stitching and the ability to film in close quarter environments
- Compatible with GoPro™ Hero5, and Hero6 Black series cameras
- Holder features qty. 1 – 3/8" threaded mounting points
- Hinged camera arms allow for simple camera installation and removal on set
- Compatible with 3/8” tripods and other standard mounting solutions
- Compatible with drones and UAVs
- Anodized aluminum core and high-strength poly carbonate camera holder assemblies offer durability and strength
- Uses/ Highlights
- Ideal for studio shoots, music videos, editorial content and other scenarios where it is necessary for subject matter to be within a close proximity to the camera system
- Recommended for stationary mounting using a tripod or equivalent mounting solution
- High resolution model for creating 2D and 3D down compressed VR HMD content, dome theater and planetarium dome content
- 24-camera array offers the highest degree of frame overlap and fewer parallax issues during the stitching process in comparison to other solutions
Material: Anodized aluminum core, high-strength poly carbonate camera holder assemblies
Suggested subject-to-holder buffer while filming: 2-3 feet (to avoid parallax and stitching issues)
Capable of shooting fully spherical 2D 360
Capable of shooting stereoscopic 3D video along the horizon and 2D 360 video on the top and bottom of the sphere
(1) 360Orb 360 Plug-n-Play™ Holder
(1) 360 Orb anodized aluminum core
(24) Poly carbonate hinged camera holders
(1) 360RIZE anodized mounting accessory
(1) Audio sync clicker
(1) 360RIZE screwdriver/camera removal tool
*Kit does not include GoPro™ cameras or GoPro™ accessories
Shop with Confidence
Live “Videoguys” available to help. Call us at 800-323-2325 or use Live Chat below