The professionals choice for video encoding.The Foundation Of Video Encoding
Squeeze Desktop Lite is a great introduction to what Squeeze has to offer. Simple format conversion enables you to transcode your videos from most formats into the most common online formats with ease, all while keeping the finished product looking as it should. Easily transfer your video from Avid (or other editing software) to publish your video. Great when you need your video file size to be smaller to be sent via email or posted online, but still need the video to look quality. Squeeze Desktop Lite is perfect for students, hobbyists, or producers of MP4 videos.
Simple Format Conversion
Want to preserve your video’s original properties like resolution, frame rate, or quality? Use presets that will easily convert a video into some of the most common formats at high quality.
Squeeze Desktop Lite integrates very easily with Avid so you can quickly move from editing to publishing your video.
Professional Audio & Video Filters
Utilize many robust audio and video filters to quickly and easily help you create the look and feel that you want.
Support to quickly publish your video to Youtube, FTP, Amazon, or other options.
HEVC is designed to double the data compression compared to AVC/H.264.
Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding
Automatically packages files for Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, MPEG DASH, and MP4. Five times faster than encoding separately!
We’ve added VP9, the successor to VP8. VP9 reduces the bit rate by up to 50% compared to VP8.
This new HLS security feature utilizes customized root URLs in manifest files in order to serve index files and media files from different locations.
Closed Caption Insertion
Import a separate .scc file and video file. Squeeze 10 will link the two together into broadcast streams.
Preliminary 4K support – Two 4K presets have been added including H.264 and x265.
Supported Video Codecs
H.264, x264, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-TS, DV (DV25), VP8, H263, Motion JPEG A, JPEG2000, Animation, Avid DNxHD, Avid DV, Avid Meridien, Blackmagic (8 & 10-bit), Cinepak, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO HD, H.261, HDV, IMX, MJPEG A/B, Media 100, Pixlet, RAW, RED, Sheer Video, Sorenson Video 1 (SV1), Sorenson Video 2 (SV2), Sorenson Video 3 (SV3), Targa Cine, YUV, XDCAM, XDCAM HD 422, XDCAM EX, YCbCr, FLV 6 – 8, WM Screen V9, WMV 7 – 9 Advanced, VC1, WMV-Bluray HD, ProRes
MC H.264, Sorenson MPEG-4, MP4, VP8, WebM, Sorenson Spark, H.263, VP6, FLV
Supported Video Formats
FLV, M4V, MP4, WebM
- Windows 8 or 10
- 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DirectX 9.0b or later
- Mac OS X 10.10 or greater
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
Permitted Uses of Software
NEW TO SQUEEZE 11:
-Import Sequenced Still Images: To help support the growing number of camera and mobile devices that have the option to export video out as individual frames in the form of a sequence of image files (i.e. Time Lapse footage), Squeeze 11 provides the ability to import "Sequenced Image Files" in the form of .jpg or .tif files.
-Multi-Track Audio Support: Squeeze 11 has implemented support for .MOV source files that contain multiple audio tracks and allows you to encode those tracks when exporting to MOV or MP4 output files. The most common workflow requested with this feature is multi-language track support but can be used in other scenarios as well.
-XDCAM OP1a (MXF): Sorenson Squeeze 11 has added support for exporting MXF with an additional Operational Pattern, the OP1a operational pattern. This operational pattern may include multiple tracks of audio and video that are interleaved into a single file, creating a self contained file. OP1a files can be exported by creating an MXF preset and selecting one of the three XDCAM Format Constraints.
- Removal of Output Frame rate Restrictions: Squeeze Desktop has always been a tool that focused on being powerful, flexible, and simple to use. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have implemented the ability for you to export our output file at a frame rate that is greater than your source frame rate. This is done by strategically duplicating frames, allowing you to meet your file requirements while maintaining the quality of your video.
- Expanded 4k & UHD Support (64 bit processing): As 4K and UHD video becomes more and more common in our everyday video workflows, we find increasing importance for 64bit processing and system memory usage. In Squeeze Desktop 11 we have expanded our 64bit support to help your system handle the increased memory needs for processing content of these new frame sizes and data rates. 64bit encoding will slow down the encode time so it should only be used when necessary if you are worried about a job's throughput, but when you are doing the heavy lifting, working with 4K and UHD content, 64bit is the only way to go.
- Updated Codecs (x.264, h.264, VP9, x.265/HEVC): At Sorenson Media we always strive to provide our customers with the latest and greatest in encoding technology, Squeeze Desktop 11 is no different. We have updated the codecs that you already know and love, to bring you faster and more efficient encoding.
- High Bit-Depth Dithering Filter: Squeeze Desktop is the tool for anybody that needs to encode video and one of the features new to Squeeze Desktop 11 is High Bit-Depth Dithering. Dithering is required when you are working with High Bit-Depth Color, such as 10-bit color, and exporting as 8bit color. Dithering will automatically smooth over the color variations and banding that occurs during this color conversion, resulting in a great looking output file. Our new Dithering Filter helps you get the job done. To add even more flexibility to your encoding choices, you will find three different dithering methods to solve your dithering needs; truncate, triangular and bayer ordered. All three of these dithering methods do a great job and work fast, the choice often comes down to personal preference for your individual job.
- Text Watermark: New to Squeeze 11 is the Text Watermark filter, giving you a simple way to quickly watermark your output content and make sure viewers know who encoded or created the file.
- Avid ISIS Support
- Source File Info Dialogue: For a while now, the Squeeze Desktop team was looking for a way to give our customers more control over their source files, in version 11 we have added the "Inspect Source Information" dialog. This new feature gives you more information on your source file and how Squeeze is reading it, what Reader is being used, Frame Size, Audio Sample Rate and number of Channels, but this feature also give you the control to change how Squeeze thinks about some aspects of your source file, Aspect Ratio, Frame Rate, and Color Space (RGB & YUV 709). Explore this new feature in Squeeze Desktop 11.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More