Bring the power of high-end color correction to your desktop
Colorista II brings gorgeous color grading to your favorite editors, and moves between them with consistent, natural-looking results. Its three stages of correction — Primary, Secondary, Master — use a color engine that's similar to big-budget systems. Colorista has 3-Way Wheels for true Lift/Gamma/Gain; an incredible Keyer for precision editing; real-time preview; and Power Masks for perfect finishing. The interface is easy to use, and equally good for quick deadlines or finessing your footage without limitations. Whether you are a color expert or an aspiring colorist, Colorista II gives you high quality grading at an entry-level price.
- Supported by Red Giant Link. Use our helpful tool to stay connected, and easily upgrade your Red Giant products. Learn more
- 33% price drop! Colorista is now only $199 (previously $299). Save $100.
- Now part of Color Suite. Colorista II is available in Red Giant Color Suite, our new set of essential tools for color correction, finishing & looks. Learn more
- Do you own Colorista II? If you already own Colorista II, you get a discounted upgrade to Color Suite. Upgrade details
- Powerful, easy Keyer. Precisely adjust individual colors or color ranges with the easiest and most powerful Keyer you've ever seen.
- HSL and Highlights. Now eight HSL channels get your crucial colors just right, while Highlight Recovery rebuilds blown-out highlight detail.
Reasons To Buy
- Consistent between apps. Use Colorista in all your favorite host applications, and accurately move color-corrected footage between them.
- Created by a colorist. For the first time, access professional color grading — designed by real colorists — without a high price or any pipeline issues.
- Color in one pass. Use three 'stages' of correction to accomplish in a single pass what normally takes multiple layers or separate passes.
- Easy adjustments. Get professonal tools like Curves and 3-Way Wheels for easy adjustment of shadows, midtones and highlights.
- Auto Balance.A unique Auto Balance corrects the white point and black point, adjusting highlights and shadows while leaving the midtones intact.
Unleash color in your favorite timeline
Colorista II is ready for action with easy-to-use tools that remove the limits and let you experiment. Free yourself from clunky stacks and multiple layers of color correction. A single instance of Colorista in your timeline has all the flexibility you need. The best part is that you stay in your favorite editing applications and move the color grading precisely between them. Let Colorista II unleash gorgeous color correction directly inside your editor – no finishing application required.
Powerful, playful system redefines color correction
An incredible 3-Stage system redefines how you do color correction. Primary Stage is the first stop for white balance, exposure and a powerful 8-way HSL correction. Secondary Stage quickly isolates your talent to fine-tune specific tones or areas with a powerful new Keyer and Power Mask shape. Master Stage is where you finish color balance, image contrast or add finesse with a second Power Mask. Colorista II is a playful, powerful system with infinite opportunities for creative effects.
Huge toolkit of exciting new features
Colorista II adds a significant amount of power with an arsenal of exciting new features. A dynamic Keyer gives exact control over how your shots will look. Eight HSL channels get important colors like flesh tones and blue skies looking exactly right. Use the Pop slider to boost visual sharpness or as an amazing cosmetic cleanup for skin smoothing and blemishes. Highlight Recovery, RBG Curves, improved Auto-Balance and other new tools deliver professional, precise color correction.
Powerful New Keyer
A powerful, easy-to-use Keyer allows you to adjust individual colors or ranges of colors. Create color keys intuitively with a direct sampling interface. Soften, choke or invert the matte, and use it in conjunction with Power Masks for ultimate control.
A quick way to correct white balance in your image. Auto-Balance now does black and white balancing with one click to better handle mixed lighting situations.
8 HSL Channels
Getting memory colors looking right is crucial. You have three color adjustment controls for changing Hue, Saturation and Luminance across eight color ranges. Make your skies look blue and get your talents' skin just right.
This switch is a quick way to flip the shot before color correction. Makes it simple to deal with some brands of 35mm adaptors used on video cameras, like the Panasonic HVX200 and Sony EX-1, which capture the image upside-down.
Two Kinds of Pop
The Pop slider has two very cool uses. Give your image more visual 'pop' by increasing the sharpness. Alternately, set Pop to negative values to smooth and clean up skin tones while keeping important detail.
Mixing or Soloing of Stages
Set how much a stage contributes to the overall correction. Mix amount determines the interplay between the original image and a specific stage, giving you an ultimate refinement technique. The Bypass switch similarly turns off all the controls in that state.
Intelligently rebuilds blown-out highlight detail. Now you can save shots by hiding problems like blown-out areas in a sky or on an actor's face.
GPU Accelerated & CPU Supported
Render engine flexibility lets you use Colorista II wherever and whenever you want. As with other film making tools, the controls work in floating point color and use the GPU to accelerate playback AND final rendering of results. This feature greatly speeds the output process. Beefy GPU-equipped workstations will provide the best render speed but laptops or CPU-only render farms can also run Colorista II with confidence
For precision control and smooth, film-like contrast adjustments. Provides a quick way to get a film-like contrast in the shot. Get a master curves contrast as well as individual RGB channel controls.
Move Between Multiple Hosts
Use the same color correction tool fluidly between your favorite editors. Colorista II ships as a native plug-in for these major host applications: Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.6.8
- Mac OS X 10.7.2 and later
- Mac OS X 10.8
- Mac OS X 10.9
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Mac Intel system
- 4 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of hard drive space
PC / Windows
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or faster (or AMD equivalent)
- 4 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of hard drive space
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More