Add comprehensive, professional video capture and monitoring to your Mac or Windows computer with support for uncompressed HD and SD, Apple ProRes, and many other popular workflows.
With the blazing speed of PCI Express, the HDX-SDI video interface turns your Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer into a powerful HD/SD video production workstation equipped with all the I/O you need.
Connect any source, from SD camcorders to today?s latest professional HD cameras, then log and capture HD or SD clips directly into your video editing software.
For the best-possible image quality, capture uncompressed video via HD-SDI or HDMI with 4:2:2 10-bit color depth and full-raster 1920x1080 HD resolution. Many cameras feed their uncompressed SDI, HDMI or component output directly from the camera?s optics and imager, before compression, for absolutely pristine picture quality during capture with the HDX-SDI.
If you prefer to edit more conveniently at a lower data rate, use Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ or the codec of your choice in Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. Because the HDX-SDI delivers 10-bit uncompressed video to the computer, you are not limited to a particular codec and are instead free to go with the host-based workflow of your choice, including many popular file-based formats now supported by today?s video editing software.
By using a codec directly supported by your editing software, you eliminate unnecessary extra stages of compression and decompression for maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing.
As you edit, monitor your timeline with pixel-for-pixel accuracy on a large plasma screen via digital HDMI output, with color-corrected balance on an LCD reference monitor via HD-SDI output, or with the real-world look of a consumer display via analog HD or SD component, composite or S-Video output.
Capture and monitor up to 16 channels of audio (analog, AES/EBU or embedded) at sample rates up to 96 kHz. Employ Sony 9-pin machine control for advanced Batch Capture and Edit to Tape operations. Keep everything frame-accurate using time code and video reference.
For high-performance desktop operation, the HDX-SDI provides PCI Express card connectivity for today?s ultra-fast, multi-core Mac and PC towers. Need to go mobile? The HDX-SDI is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for any current-generation Mac or Windows laptop equipped with an ExpressCard slot.
From initial capture to final finishing, the HDX-SDI delivers exceptional video I/O performance and quality.
- PCI tower operation
The HDX-SDI connects to a Mac or Windows tower via the included PCI Express card, but it is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for laptops.
For high-performance desktop operation, the HDX-SDI provides PCI Express card connectivity for today?s ultra-fast, multi-core Mac and PC towers.
- Laptop operation
Are you thinking about doing field capture with a laptop, or editing on the go with a laptop-based system? The HDX-SDI connects to a Mac or PC notebook via an included ExpressCard adapter, but it is also available with a PCI Express card for operation with today?s ultra-fast multi-core Mac and Windows towers.
Most current-generation high-performance PC laptops, including Apple MacBook Pro computers, are equipped with ExpressCard slots. On these portable systems, the HDX-SDI gives you broadcast-quality capture and monitoring. With the enormous performance gains seen in laptop technology, these compact computers are now powerful enough to easily capture and play back both HD and uncompressed SD video. You can essentially build a complete capture/edit system that fits in a backpack.
There's another major benefit for using ExpressCard connectivity to a laptop for video I/O: doing so frees up the FireWire port on your laptop for professional-grade video storage solutions, which offer enou
- HD/SD PCI Express video interface for Mac and Windows ? provides HD and SD capture and playback for any current-generation PCI- or ExpressCard-equipped computer.
- Tower or laptop operation ? connects to a Mac or PC tower via PCI Express for ultra-fast operation, or connects to a laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation.
- Comprehensive video capture & monitoring ? supports all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF).
- Cross-platform software support ? supports Apple Final Cut Pro on the Mac and Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows.
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD ? 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution.
- Support for ProRes and other popular codecs ? capture and monitor full-raster (1920x1080 or 1280x720) Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ or other popular host-based codecs supported by Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Support for file-based workflows ? lets you capture, edit and monitor in any codec supported natively in Final Cut or Premiere, with no transcoding needed.
- Broadcast quality ? 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path throughout.
- ASC CDL color grading ? provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- HDMI capture and monitoring ? provides both HDMI in and out.
- Sync and machine control ? advanced sync features include time code, large front panel time code display, video ref input and 9-pin machine control.
- Comprehensive audio ? capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz.
- Single rack space form factor ? professional rack-mount operation, or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use.
- International operation ? auto-switching internal power supply with powersave mode.
The HDX-SDI provides comprehensive video input and output connectivity.
The SDI section supplies two mirrored outputs so that you can connect both a deck and a monitor simultaneously.
The front panel provides convenient inputs for legacy SD capture and full 10-bit uncompressed HDMI capture from today's latest HD camcorders.
The component section provides both RGB and YPbPr, but they can alternatively serve as CVBS (composite) in/out or even Y/C (S-Video) in/out.
- 1 x HD/SD-SDI in and out (4:2:2 10-bit) on BNC connectors
- 1 x extra HD/SD-SDI output BNC connector
- 1 x HDMI in and out (4:2:2 10-bit, YCbCr or RGB)
- Support for DVI output with HDMI-to-DVI adapter (sold separately)
- 1 x HD/SD component in and out (10-bit, YPbPr or RGB) on BNCs
- 1 x composite in (10-bit) on RCA
- 1 x S-Video in (10-bit) on 4-pin mini-DIN
- 1 x composite in and out (10-bit CVBS) on shared BNC
- 1 x S-Video in and out (10-bit Y/C) on shared BNC
The HDX-SDI supports the following SD and HD video formats:
- 576i25 (PAL)
- 486i29.97 (NTSC)
Apple Final Cut Pro
Apple ProRes 422 standard and HQ
The HDX-SDI supports full-raster 1920 x 1080 HD capture and playback using Apple's ProRes 422 codec in both standard and HQ modes. Ingest any uncompressed SDI or component HD source and then capture and edit in ProRes while monitoring your ProRes timeline.
The HDX-SDI is the ideal all-in-one video capture solution for your Apple ProRes workflow.
Because it delivers uncompressed HD and SD video to and from the computer, the HDX-SDI also allows you to capture and play HD material using any full-raster video format supported by Final Cut Pro, such as XDCAM.
Designed for Final Cut Pro
Using the HDX-SDI with Final Cut Pro couldn't be easier. The HDX-SDI software installer provides Easy Setup presets, Sequence presets, Capture presets and Device Control presets to get you going quickly. In minutes, you'll be ready to log and capture, edit and monitor your project material.
The HDX-SDI takes full advantage of Final Cut Pro's device control features via Sony 9-pin device control for batch capture, print to video and edit to tape operations.
The HDX-SDI provides up to 16 simultaneous channels of audio capture and playback with Final Cut Pro in any of three supported audio formats: analog, AES/EBU digital, and embedded (SDI and HDMI).
Adobe Premiere Pro
The HDX-SDI represents a comprehensive and versatile I/O solution for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 on Windows. No other capture device offers such extensive video I/O connectivity for both PC towers and PC laptops.
Choose your workflow
The HDX-SDI allows you to capture any video source, either SD or HD, in any video format supported natively by Premiere Pro, including uncompressed HD, uncompressed SD (standard AVI clips), DV, AVC-Intra, DVCPro50, DVCProHD and others.
Take Premiere Pro on the road
The HDX-SDI is available for purchase with an ExpressCard34 adapter for connection to any ExpressCard-equipped PC laptop computer. The ExpressCard adapter handles video with the same speed and bandwidth as the PCI card adapter for tower computers, so you get as much video I/O performance as your laptop's CPU and storage performance allows.
Advanced features include an "Export to Tape" feature that allows you to lay back clips, or an entire project, to a tape deck using the HDX-SDI's extensive machine control features. The HDX-SDI also supports Premiere Pro's Batch Capture features.
The HDX-SDI supports both Windows XP and Windows Vista 32.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More