Turn your laptop or desktop computer into a video editing workstation able to capture and monitor broacast quality HD and SD video.
The HD Express HDMI opens your Mac or Windows computer to the world of HDMI video, the next-generation digital video connectivity standard found on today's latest HD cameras, monitors and set top boxes.
HDMI supports full-raster, pixel-for-pixel digital clarity with no video compression, resulting in stunning image quality and color depth that far surpasses highly-compressed workflows based on DV, HDV, AVC and similar capture codecs.
In fact, on many of today's cameras, HDMI output streams directly from a camera’s image sensor, bypassing the compression chip, allowing the HD Express HDMI to deliver an absolutely pristine, uncompressed HD digital video signal straight from the camera's imager to your computer.
If you require the best-possible image quality, you can work with uncompressed HD and use the money you save on the HD Express HDMI for other system components required for uncompressed HD, such as fast storage.
Or, if you prefer to edit more conveniently at a lower data rate, you can choose Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ or the codec of your choice in Apple Final Cut Pro for maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing. In Premiere Pro on Windows, you can choose among several popular codecs, including DVCProHD. By choosing a codec directly supported by your host, you eliminate unnecessary extra stages of compression and decompression, which produces maximum CPU efficiency and smooth editing.
To monitor your work with the best possible image quality, connect the HD Express HDMI output to your favorite affordable plasma, LCD monitor or projector via HDMI or DVI (DVI adapter sold separately).
The HD Express HDMI provides all the legacy analog video connectors you need for capturing and monitoring component HD/SD, composite and S-Video in 10-bit 4:2:2 broadcast quality PAL or NTSC.
The HD Express HDMI captures and plays all eight channels of embedded HDMI audio, and it even provides eight channels of analog audio output on convenient RCA jacks, which you can connect directly to powered speakers for full 5.1 or 7.1 surround audio monitoring. S/PDIF digital I/O is also provided.
Do you require high-performance desktop operation? The HD Express HDMI is available with PCI Express card connectivity for today’s ultra-fast, multi-core Mac and PC towers. Need to go mobile? The HD Express HDMI is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for any current-generation Mac or Windows laptop equipped with an ExpressCard slot.
From initial capture to final finishing, the HD Express HDMI delivers exceptional video I/O performance and quality.
- HDMI video capture and monitoring for Mac & PC — Capture uncompressed-quality, digital HD from HDMI-equipped camcorders. Monitor pixel for pixel on today’s latest plasma and LCD screens.
- Analog video I/O — Capture and monitor component HD or SD, plus composite and S-Video (NTSC or PAL).
- Tower or laptop operation — connects to a Mac or PC tower via PCI Express for ultra-fast operation, or connect to a laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation.
- Comprehensive video capture & monitoring — supports all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF).
- Supports Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD — 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution.
- Support for ProRes and other popular codecs — capture and monitor full-raster (1920x1080 or 1280x720) Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ or other popular host-based codecs supported by Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Support for file-based workflows — lets you capture, edit and monitor in any codec supported natively in Final Cut, including XD CAM, P2, AVC-Intra, DVCPro and others with no transcoding needed.
- Broadcast quality — 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path throughout.
- Comprehensive audio — Capture 8 channels of embedded HDMI audio. Play back stereo, 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound directly to powered speakers. Connect speakers, a home theater amp or an audio mixer and monitor your mix in stereo or full 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Also provides S/PDIF digital I/O with sample rate conversion.
- Half rack space form factor with dedicated connectors — no cable swapping or gangly, inconvenient breakout cables. Includes rack mounting brackets.
The HD Express HDMI provides broadcast quality, 10-bit 4:2:2 video capture and monitoring.
The front panel provides convenient inputs for legacy SD capture and full 10-bit uncompressed HDMI capture from today's latest HD camcorders.
The component section provides both RGB and YPbPr, but they can alternatively serve as CVBS (composite) in/out or even Y/C (S-Video) in/out.
- 1 x HDMI in and out (4:2:2 10-bit, YCbCr or RGB)
- Support for DVI output with HDMI-to-DVI adapter (sold separately)
- 1 x HD/SD component in and out (10-bit, YPbPr or RGB) on RCAs
- 1 x composite in (10-bit) on RCA
- 1 x S-Video in (10-bit) on 4-pin mini-DIN
- 1 x composite in and out (10-bit CVBS) on shared RCA
- 1 x S-Video in and out (10-bit Y/C) on shared RCA
The HD Express HDMI provides both stereo and 8-channel surround audio capture and monitoring.
The HD Express HDMI provides stereo analog audio recording, stereo S/PDIF digital input, plus support for eight channels of HDMI embedded digital audio input. All told, you get 12 simultaneous channels of audio input.
For audio output, the HD Express HDMI provides eight channels of analog audio output on convenient RCA jacks, which you can connect directly to powered speakers for full 5.1 or 7.1 surround audio monitoring. The HD Express HDMI supports 8-channel embedded HDMI audio output, for a total of 16 channels of simultaneous audio output.
The S/PDIF digital input/output provides sample rate conversion, for trouble-free digital audio transfers.
No other HDMI interface offers this much audio connectivity and convenience.
- 12 channels of simultaneous audio input
- 16 channels of simultaneous audio output
- Supports all standard audio sample rates from 44.1 to 96kHz
- 8 x RCA analog outputs
- 2 x RCA analog input
- 2 x S/PDIF digital input and output with sample rate conversion
- 8 x HDMI embedded audio in and out
- Front panel headphone jack with dedicated volume control
The HD Express HDMI supports the following SD and HD video formats:
- 576i25 (PAL)
- 486i29.97 (NTSC)
- Cross-platform operation (Mac OS X, Windows 7/Vista/XP)
- Now shipping: support for Final Cut Pro 6.0.5 or higher on Mac OS X
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 or higher on Windows 7/Vista
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 8.625 x 7 x 1.75 inches (22 x 17.78 x 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits in one-half of a standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high, when attached to another MOTU unit with the same half-rack form factor.
HDX-SDI and HD Express now support Premiere Pro CS5
Windows support for the HDX-SDI and HD Express is now shipping. A complete Windows driver package is available to all HDX-SDI and HD Express owners for immediate download and delivers comprehensive support for Adobe® Premiere Pro® CS5 on Windows 7 and Vista, including forward compatibility with CS5.5 when it ships later this spring.
Advanced features include support for Premiere Pro CS5's blazing fast Mercury Playback Engine™, machine control for batch capture and edit to tape operations, and support for LTC and SDI embedded time code.
The HDX-SDI and HD Express now serve as complete HD and SD capture and monitoring solutions for Windows Premiere Pro users running on a desktop PC, laptop or both.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More