Watch live TV on your PC
- Watch, pause and record analog and HDTV channels on your PC, at up to 1080i resolution. Receives Dolby Digital audio too.
- Watch Analog TV and Clear QAM Digital TV by connecting to Cable TV.
- Watch ATSC HDTV by connecting to a TV antenna.
- Watch TV full screen or in a window.
- Remote control included.
Record your favorite TV programs
- Record analog or digital TV shows to your computer’s hard drive with one click.
- Use WinTV-Scheduler as a personal video recorder to record your TV shows automatically.
Supports the following TV formats:
NTSC Analog TV, ATSC Digital TV and Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Combination analog\digital TV tuner on board: a 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner plus HDTV tuner for clear QAM and ATSC TV reception.
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista ,Windows XP, and Windows Media Center.
NTSC is the analog cable TV standard.
ATSC is the over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception.
Clear QAM digital cable allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from their cable TV provider without a set-top box.
Analog TV recordings typically consume 1.5GB of disk space per hour using Hauppauge’s SoftPVR for Windows XP and Media Center. High Definition TV recordings typically consume 5GB of disk space per hour.
- For analog cable TV reception, you need an analog cable TV connection. If you have a digital cable set-top box or a satellite box, the WinTV-HVR-1250 can connect via either channel 3, Composite or S-Video inputs.
- For ATSC over-the-air digital TV reception, a high-gain antenna is recommended.
Note: depending on the strength of your antenna, you might not be able to receive all broadcasts listed at TitanTV.
- To use the WinTV-HVR-1250 for TV with the Windows Media Center application, a Media Center certified DVD or MPEG-2 software decoder should be standard in your Media Center PC. If you are building a Media Center PC, check Microsoft’s website for a list of Media Center certified DVD decoders. The Windows Media Center application is included with Windows XP Media Center, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Home Premium editions only.
Note: the enclosed remote control is not MCE certified and does not replace the Media Center remote control.
- To watch clear QAM channels, you should use either the Hauppauge WinTV v6 or v7 application or Windows Media Center from Windows 7.
- ATSC TV recordings are not 100% compatible with DVD, and therefore you cannot burn them directly to a DVD.
- The WinTV-HVR-1250 is AQ certified for use with the Windows 7 Media Center application.
Watch, pause and record HDTV or analog TV on your desktop PC
Plugs into any PCI Express slot.
Includes remote control.
- TV Standards:
- NTSC Analog Cable, Over the Air TV
- ATSC Digital Over the Air HDTV
- Clear QAM Digital Cable TV
- Plugs into:
- PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Watch, pause and record TV on your PC, in window or full screen. Uses Hauppauge’s SoftPVR to record analog TV programs to your computer’s disk drive.
- Receive ATSC digital TV or Clear QAM digital cable TV, up to 1080i format
- Receive NTSC analog cable TV with the built-in 125 channel cable-ready TV tuner
- Dolby-TV stereo decoder
- Schedule TV recordings with WinTV-Scheduler software
- Compatible with Windows XP and all versions of Windows Vista.
- Processor Requirements (minimum):
- 2.2 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent
- Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista or Windows XP with Service Pack 2.
Also for Windows Media Center in Windows 7 or Vista.
- Available PCI Express X1 or X16 slot
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More