Dual tuners: watch one channel while recording another. Or have picture-in-picture or two complete TV windows with the included WinTV v8 application for Windows
For free over-the-air ATSC HD TV and clear QAM digital cable TV
Plug the WinTV-dualHD into a USB port on your Windows PC or laptop and you can watch, pause & record two channels of ATSC and clear QAM High Definition and Standard Definition TV. WinTV-dualHD has two compete TV tuners so you can:
- Record one TV program while watching another
- Record two TV program at the same time
- Have picture-in-picture
- Or have two complete TV windows on your PC screen at the same time!
ATSC is free HD TV
ATSC is free over-the-air digital HDTV standard for North America and typically requires an antenna for reception. There is no monthly fee for ATSC HD TV.
Clear QAM is digital cable TV
Clear QAM allows users to watch unencrypted HDTV stations from cable TV without a set-top box. Clear QAM does require a cable TV subscription. Clear QAM TV is not available on all cable networks, so check with your local cable TV operator for clear QAM availability.
Never miss your favorite TV show again!
The WinTV-dualHD comes with the new WinTV v8 application for Windows. With WinTV v8, you can watch or record your favorite TV programs in your PC, in a window or full screen. With the WinTV-dualHD, WinTV v8 can record two TV programs at the same time, record one TV program while recording another, or display two TV programs on your PC screen at the same time. You can choose either picture-in-picture or have two complete TV windows on your Windows screen.
The WinTV-dualHD turns your PC into a high definition DVR
Plug the WinTV-dualHD into your PC and turn it into a HDTV digital video recorder (DVR). Record two HD TV programs at the same time in the original HD quality. We use TitanTV, an Electronic Program Guide, to schedule your TV recordings. TitanTV allows you to see what's on TV now and what's coming up. Schedule TV recordings with the Hauppauge WinTV v8 application and TitanTV. Plus pause live TV and record your favorite TV programs in the full digital TV format.
- WinTV v8, the new TV application for Windows, with TV pause and recording. When used with the WinTV-dualHD, WinTV v8 also gives you the option of picture-in-picture or record one TV channel when recording another
- Supported TV standards:
- ATSC HD TV
- Clear QAM digital cable TV
- Stereo / dual channel sound
- Antenna input: F connector
- PC-interface: USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed)
TV recording formats
- Transport stream (the original transmitted format, without any quality loss)
Note: Not all cable TV networks send clear QAM channels. Please check with your local cable operator for the availability of clear QAM digital cable TV
- Microsoft® Windows 10, 8, 7® or Windows Vista with latest Service Pack, 1 GB RAM, or Windows XP (32 bit) with latest Service Pack, 512 MB RAM
- Minimum processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz, Pentium M 1.3 GHz or equivalent AMD® Athlon® XP
- For HDTV, a minimum 2,6 GHz multi core processor
- Hard disk with min. 1 GB free capacity (20 GB free capacity recommended)
- Sound and graphics with support for DirectX® 9 or higher
- USB 2.0 port
- CD/DVD drive for software installation
- Recommended: Internet connection for software updates and activations
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More