Record your high definition video and TV programs on your PC, using high quality H.264!
HD PVR is the world’s first High Definition video recorder for making real-time H.264 compressed recordings at resolutions up to 1080i. HD-PVR records component video (YCrCb) from video game consoles and cable TV and satellite set top boxes, with a built-in IR blaster to automatically change TV channels for scheduled recordings. Audio is recorded using two channel stereo or optical audio with five channel Dolby Digital.
The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible discs. Two hours of HD recordings, recorded at 5 Mbits/sec, can be burnt onto a standard 4.7 GByte DVD-R or DVD-RW disc for playback on a Blu-ray disc player.
Record your Xbox 360 or PS3 game play on your PC in 1080i HD! Share you best games with your friends in HD!
One of the popular uses for the HD PVR is for recording video gameplay. As said on GeekTonic:
"Now I think anyone watching me play videogames is a sure-fire way to put them to sleep – or at least laugh at my videogame performance. But I know there is a very large number of videogamers using the HD-PVR to record their video gameplay.
HD PVR's video pass through gives zero delay on your TV monitor, and creates high definition video recordings at the same time! Video pass through uses the component video input and output to record your game play in HD while allowing you to play your games on your TV set. To see our Pass Through recording diagram, click the "Connector diagrams" button above.
Create your own HD video library ... burn your HD PVR recordings in a high definition Blu-ray compatible format!
The HD PVRs amazing recording quality allows personal archival of your favorite TV programs. Record your TV programs in HD, then burn them onto a standard DVD disc (up to two hours) in a high definition Blu-ray format. Then play these discs in a Blu-ray player.
Note: high definition HD PVR recordings cannot be played in a DVD player.
HD PVR connects to any component video equipped HD set top box. For the best quality, we include optical audio input as well as two channel stereo. HD PVR also has standard definition composite and S-Video inputs.
New! HD PVR support for Windows Media Center (beta test version now available)!
Use HD PVR as a video recorder in Windows 7 Media Center. You can watch and record premium cable and satellite TV in Windows 7 Media Center, creating TV recordings in HD using the efficient and high quality H.264 format.
- Built-in hardware H.264 high definition encoder, for high performance, high quality TV recordings
- Component video input (YCrCb or YPrPb) from most high definition cable TV and satellite TV receivers. Optical or stereo audio inputs.
- Record high definition video at up to 1080i resolution, 720p or VGA/D1
- Record at datarates from 1Mbs to 13.5Mbs, constant and Variable Bit Rate
- Make Blu-ray compatible AVCHD recordings, so you can burn your TV recordings onto a standard DVD disc (up to 2 hours of video at 5MBits/sec) and playback on Blu-ray disc players
- Includes HD software video player, so you can playback recordings to your PC screen
- Audio / Video component video loop through to allow HD recording and viewing at the same time
- High Performance Noise Reduction Function
- NTSC,PAL and SECAM Support
- IR receiver for remote control (the remote control is optional and is available on the Hauppauge webstore)
- IR Blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box
There are three H.264 formats you can choose when recording a video:
- .TS, which is a generic 'transport stream' compatible with many digital media players
- .M2TS, which is compatible with the Sony Playstation3
- .MP4, which is compatible with the XBox360
The .TS and .M2TS files are AVCHD compatible, and can be used to burn Blu-ray compatible disc recordings. These files can be burned onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disc for playback in a Blu-ray disc player using the included Arcsoft TME Disk Create application. Approximately 2 hours of HD TV recorded at 5Mbits/sec can be put onto a standard DVD+R or DVD+RW disc.
The included TME Media Converter program may also be used to convert the .TS file to other formats compatible for playback on an iPhone and Ipod.
HD PVR Specifications
- Hardware encoder
- H.264 AVCHD video encoder
- AC-3 audio encoding
- Recording datarate: from 1 to 13.5 Mbits/sec (user selectable)
- Recording format:
- up to 1080i from component video (YCrCb or YPrPb)
- NTSC: 720p60, 1080i60, 480i60, 480p60
- PAL: 720p50, 1080i50, 576p50, 576i50, 480p50, 480i50
Note: the video input format determines the recorded format. For example, 1080i input records at 1080i, 720P records at 720P, etc. Any other format conversions needs to be done with the MediaConvert program (supplied).
- NTSC or PAL supported
- 19.8cm wide x 17.3 cm deep x 7 cm high
- 5V at 2 amps
- Input voltage of power supply provided: 110-220v at 50/60Hz
- 1 lb, 3 oz
Included with the HD PVR
- HD PVR high definition personal video recorder, USB
- IR Blaster transmitter cable
- Component video cable set
- Stereo audio cable set
- USB cable
- 5v power supply, 110/220v
Bundled software applications
- Arcsoft “TotalMediaExtreme” for video recording and authoring and burning of your TV recordings into a Blu-ray compatible format using standard DVD discs
- Arcsoft “TotalMedia Theater”, a video player so you can play back your TV recordings to your PC screen
- Arcsoft “MediaConverter” , to convert your H.264 HD recordings onto other formats
- Includes Hauppauge's WinTV scheduler for scheduled TV recordings
Input and outputs
- Component video input and loop through output
- Optical audio Input and loop through output
- Left/ Right RCA audio input and loop through output
- Composite video and S-Video inputs (on front panel)
- Left/right audio input (on front panel)
- IR Blaster output
- USB2.0 High speed Device
- Processor Requirements (minimum): Dual core CPU 2.0GHz or faster
- Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista or Windows XP service pack 2 (32-bit)
- Graphics with 256MB memory (or greater)
- Sound card
- CD-ROM drive for installing the HD PVR software
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More