Lecture Recorder x2™ is an integrated hardware platform for recording and/or streaming presentations, events, lectures, marketing and training videos.
Lecture Recorder x2 captures, combines and records full HD and SD video and audio from multiple sources such as document cameras, lecture cameras, tablets or any device with a VGA, DVI or HDMI output.
Lecture Recorder x2 is easy to setup and use, works straight out of the box and does not require the use of a computer or any additional equipment. Simply power it on, plug in your sources and press the on-device button to start recording. A straightforward web interface is available for custom configuration.
- Capture from screens or cameras at Full HD resolution
- Capture presentation camera, slides and voice simultaneously
- Use it everywhere – it’s portable with no software to be installed
- Supports VGA, DVI, HDMI, Display Port, S-Video, composite, & RGB component
- Managed and controlled either locally or over a network
Epiphan Lecture Recorder x2 integrates easily with content management systems (CMS) and learning management systems (LMS) such as Opencast, Blackboard, Kaltura, Canvas, Echo 360, Mediasite, Moodle, and more.
Simultaneous recording and streaming
- Lecture Recorder x2 can simultaneously stream and record your content.
- Stores the video files to an internal drive with 16 GB of storage. Supports .AVI and .MOV formats (common and easy to use formats).
- Admin interface indicates the amount of free storage space.
16 GB of onboard file storage
- Stores the video files to an internal solid state memory, with 16 GB of storage, in AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV format (common and easy to use formats).
- Automatically deletes the oldest recorded file when disk space runs low and replaces the file with a current file to ensure the latest recordings are available.
- Manage the size of your recorded video files by configuring the Lecture Recorder x2 to start a new file based on a time or file-size limit. When the limit is reached, the current recorded file is closed and available for download while a new file is opened for continued recording – all without missing a frame.
|Video Inputs||Connectors||(1) DVI-I / HDMI™1 / VGA1 / Component2 (1) S-Video / composite3 (NTSC/PAL)|
|Resolutions||VESA modes: 640×480 to 1920×1200; Custom resolutions|
|HD Video Format Options||R, G, B plus separate HSync and VSync signals; R, G, B plus CSYNC signal; R, G, B with Sync-on-Green synchronization; DVI single link.|
|EDID Support||EDIDs can be uploaded to the device|
|Audio Input||Connector||One ⅛” (3.5mm) stereo analog audio|
|Input Levels||Mic and line-in|
|Video Output (Splitter / Converter)||Connector||(1) DVI-I (pass-through)|
|Signals||Analog and Digital versions are always output with automatic D/A or A/D applied|
|Audio Output||Connector||(1) 3.5mm stereo audio|
|Video Encoding||Video Codec||H.264, MPEG-4, Motion JPEG|
|Video Bit Rates||10 mb/sec|
|Key Frame Intervals||Programmable|
|Color Resolution||YUV 4:2:0|
|Frame Size||Configurable up to 1920×1200|
|Frame Rates4||30 FPS @ 1920×1080p (or smaller), 25 FPS @ 1920×1200p|
|Audio Encoding||Audio Codec||Encoder||Bitrate||Sample Frequencies|
|AAC||32-192kbps||16 kHz, 22kHz, 44kHz|
|G.711||–||8kHz (a-Law) & 8kHz (μ-Law)|
|Network Interfaces||Connector||(1) 10/100 Ethernet RJ45 (PoE – spec: IEEE 802.3af class 0)|
|Streams||FLV, ASF, and MJPEG over HTTP|
|RTSP over TCP/UDP|
|RTMP and RTSP for publishing to a streaming server or CDN|
|Multicast Streams||RTP, MPEG-TS and MPEG-TS/RTP over UDP|
|Network Discovery / Announce||UPnP, SAP|
|Video/Audio Recording and File Management||Internal Storage||16 GB (solid state)|
|Unlimited storage when configured with local or network attached storage, enabling 24/7 recording.|
|Automatically removes oldest recordings from internal storage as space is required.|
|File maintenance through admin interface (Web UI)|
|Local Storage||Automatic copy to local USB drives via the (2) USB 2.0 ports|
|Network Storage||FTP server and FTP client capabilities (automatic and manual)|
|Copy to USB drive (automatic and manual)|
|Playback and Recorded Formats||Download recorded videos (AVI, MPEG-TS or MOV) using the Web UI and playback through any compatible player.|
|Administration||Web UI for administration. Includes multiple user roles (admin, operator and viewer).|
|Included API for integration into existing environments (executed via HTTP or RS-232). RS-232 API integration requires a USB to RS-232 adapter (not included).|
|Time Synchronization||NTP, TIME (RFC 868), PTP v1 (IEEE-1588-2002 V1)|
|Product Dimensions||7.95″ × 4.13″ × 1.38″ (202mm × 105mm × 35mm)|
|Product Weight||1.4 lb (635 g)|
|Country of Origin||Made in North America (Canada)|
1 Using DVI-I port, with the supplied adapter or cable.
2 Requires component to VGA adapter (not included).
3 Using S-video port with supplied adapter.
4 Frame rates may differ under certain conditions.
The Lecture Recorder x2 device
One “Big Red Button”
One VGA to DVI-I cable
One HDMI™ to DVI-I adapter
One DVI-I to DVI-I cable
One composite to S-Video cable
Two Ethernet cables
One Power over Ethernet injector
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More