Combines 2 Epiphan AV.io 4K video grabbers with Telestream Wirecast Studio 7 to create a portable and easy to use live production and streaming solution.
Telestream Wirecast Studio 7
Telestream’s Wirecast is the only cross-platform, all-in-one live streaming production software that enables capture, live production, and encoding of live streams for broadcast to multiple servers and platforms simultaneously. With Wirecast, you can stream multiple live cameras while dynamically mixing in other media such as movies, images, and sounds, and adding production features such as transitions, built-in titles, chroma key, virtual sets, and live scoreboards. Wirecast is ideal for broadcasting professional-looking live internet shows, news, online gaming, sporting events, concerts, church services, corporate meetings, lectures and much more.
Epiphan AV.io 4K Video Grabbers
The easiest way to capture 4K video
The plug and play AV.io 4K capture card is auto-detected by Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. To capture HDMI video sources, simply connect the included cables from your video source to AV.io 4K then connect AV.io 4K to your computer via USB.
Choose your resolution
AV.io 4K captures resolutions up to 4096×2160, with 4K UHD video streaming at 30 fps and 1080p at 60 fps. Choose to use your video at its original resolution or let AV.io scale it for you to exactly what you need.
4K streaming anywhere, anytime
This hand-size grabber fits in any kit, or even your pocket, in a pinch. It is a USB video grabber, so its HDMI capture works perfectly up to 4K on any computer with USB 3.0
Crystal clear audio
AV.io 4K captures PCM audio over HDMI™ at up to 24-bit 96 kHz. The two-channel stereo audio output has automatic resampling at 48 kHz and encodes in 16-bit
Works seamlessly with your favorite paid or free applications such as Wirecast, Skype, Adobe FMLE, QuickTime, VLC media player and Windows Camera. Save captured content and upload to video platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo and others with ease.
Tough as nails
AV.io 4K capture card is perfect for reliable and repeated long-term use. It uses the same metal exterior as all other Epiphan video grabbers, which means that you could drop it down a flight of stairs and step on it, and it would still work. The same enclosure has even been used in space!
AV.io 4K Technical Specifications
|Interface||USB 3.0, USB 2.0.|
|OS drivers||UVC and UAC device|
|Dimensions||3.54″ × 2.36″ × 0.91″, 90 mm × 60 mm × 23 mm|
|Connectors||SDI (BNC-style), USB 3.0 B-Type connector|
|Input||3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI (including embedded audio for 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Input resolution||Up to 1920×1080|
|Output frame rate
Note that the third party software you’re using sets the frame size and bitrate.
|Output Resolution||Available frame rates|
|640×360||15, 30, 60 fps|
|640×480||15, 30, 60 fps|
|960×540||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1280×720||15, 30, 60 fps|
|1920×1080||15, 30, 60 fps|
|Output color space||YUV 4:2:2|
|Capture latency||Near-zero. However, third-party applications may contribute to capture delay.|
|Audio (input)||16-bit and 24-bit PCM encoded audio 48 kHz (audio capture supported from 3G-SDI and HD-SDI*)|
|Audio output||16-bit 48 kHz stereo audio|
|LED||One LED to indicate the status of the AV.io SDI (power, readiness, and operation in progress)|
|OS Support||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10 and up, Linux distribution with kernel 3.5.0 or higher supported.|
|Country of Origin||Made in North America (Canada)|
*Audio capture not supported for SD-SDI
Telestream Wirecast 7 SpecsSupported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Mac OS X Yosemite, Mac OS X El Capitan
Please note: Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Mavericks or previous versions of OS X
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 license activation.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Wirecast Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
◊ 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
◊ 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
◊ 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
- Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.7 Ghz or higher recommended for 540p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.5 Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming with x264 @ 30fps.
Note: 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core. List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync →
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an nvidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer. NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs →
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More