Sorry, but EDIUS Pro 8 Jump Upgrade from any EDIUS version is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Any EDIUS Neo user (versions 1 to 3.5) or EDIUS Pro user (versions 2 to 6.5) will be able to upgrade to EDIUS 8 for just $379
The Jump upgrade to EDIUS 8 is provided in serial key format only, not as a packaged product. That means you download the software and enter a serial number that you get with your upgrade.
EDIUS Pro 8 Nonlinear Editing Software
When an editor has to wait for technology, creativity suffers. That doesn’t happen with EDIUS Pro 8. EDIUS Pro 8 means more formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Fast. EDIUS Pro 8 is the perfect finishing tool for professional productions, including documentary and 4K theatrical productions. With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K formats, EDIUS Pro 8 is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available. And EDIUS Pro 8 comes with GV Browser source management to prepare content for subsequent editing in EDIUS.
Best of all, with EDIUS Pro 8, there are no subscription fees — you buy it, you keep it — with a permanent license with free updates throughout the life of EDIUS Pro 8.x.
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design’s Deck-Link 4K Extreme, Ultra Studio 4K, AJA KONA 3G (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve 11
- Supports third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox and AJA
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 4K 422 and Canon XF-AVC (import only)
- Work natively with many different video formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon XF and EOS movie formats
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG decoder and encoder
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX and others)
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- OFX support for Boris Continuum Complete, HitFilm and Sapphire plug-ins
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
Minimum System Requirements (standalone):
(Updated for software version 8.1)
OS: Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or later), Windows 8/8.1/10 64-bit
Note: See Memory section below for physical memory limits of each OS.
CPU: Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU. Intel or AMD single core CPU with a 3 GHz processor speed or faster (multiple CPUs and/or multicore CPUs are recommended). SSSE3 (Supplementary SSE3) instruction set support required.
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- Requirements for RAM and video memory vary depending on the project format. For SD/HD projects: 4 GB or more RAM recommended. For 4K projects: 8 GB or more RAM recommended
Maximum amount of RAM is based on the physical memory limits of each OS.
- Windows 10, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, 64-bit: 128 GB
- Windows 7, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional, 64-bit: 192 GB
- Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit: 16 GB (not recommended for complex 4K projects)
- Windows 7, Home Basic, 64-bit: 8 GB (not recommended for projects above HD resolution)
|Project Format||RAM Memory||Video Memory|
|SD and below||8-bit||1 GB||2 GB||256 MB||512 MB|
|10-bit||2 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|HD||8-bit||4 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|10-bit||4 GB||4 GB||1 GB||2 GB|
|Over HD (including 4K)||8-bit||8 GB||16 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
|10-bit||8 GB||16 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more
- Supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
- Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For 10-bit SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended
Note: Requirements for video memory vary depending on the project format. See Memory section above for details.
6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation
Drive with SATA/7,200 RPM or faster is required for video storage:
- Available hard drive disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD and above resolution editing
EDIUS 8 supports the following Grass Valley hardware:
- STORM 3G Elite
- STORM 3G
- STORM Pro
- STORM Mobile
- HDSPARK Pro
Blu-ray Disc writer is required when creating Blu-ray Discs
DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating DVDs
Sound card with WDM driver support is required.
Internet connection required for software license activation; thereafter Internet connection is required once per month to maintain usage.
Service and Support
90-day limited warranty.
Note: External video decks/cameras may require a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.
Edius discount pricing only available in USA. All orders placed outside the USA will be charged MSRP price.
Academic versions of Edius are not upgradeable. If you want to upgrade to a new version later you will need to purchase a new license – either commercial or EDU if you still qualify
Throughout the life of EDIUS 8.x there will continuous improvements, all provided at no extra cost to users. New features planned for future releases include:
- Motion tracking
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow)
- New color grading mode
- RAW support
- LOG/LUT support
- Scalable 125%/150%/200% display delivers a more consistent experience across devices, including HiDPI Windows 8.1/10 displays
- Background rendering
- Frame rate converter
(feature list subject to change)
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More