Sorry, but EDIUS Pro 8 Jump Upgrade from any EDIUS version is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Any EDIUS Neo user (versions 1 to 3.5) or EDIUS Pro user (versions 2 to 6.5) will be able to upgrade to EDIUS 8 for just $379
The Jump upgrade to EDIUS 8 is provided in serial key format only, not as a packaged product. That means you download the software and enter a serial number that you get with your upgrade.
EDIUS Pro 8 Nonlinear Editing Software
When an editor has to wait for technology, creativity suffers. That doesn’t happen with EDIUS Pro 8. EDIUS Pro 8 means more formats and more resolutions in real time for the ability to Edit Anything, Fast. EDIUS Pro 8 is the perfect finishing tool for professional productions, including documentary and 4K theatrical productions. With more creative options and real-time, no-render editing of all popular SD, HD and even 4K formats, EDIUS Pro 8 is THE most versatile and fastest nonlinear editing software available. And EDIUS Pro 8 comes with GV Browser source management to prepare content for subsequent editing in EDIUS.
Best of all, with EDIUS Pro 8, there are no subscription fees — you buy it, you keep it — with a permanent license with free updates throughout the life of EDIUS Pro 8.x.
- Superior 4K workflow, including support for Blackmagic Design’s Deck-Link 4K Extreme, Ultra Studio 4K, AJA KONA 3G (preview only) and EDL or AAF import/export with Grass Valley HQX with DaVinci Resolve 11
- Supports third-party I/O hardware from Blackmagic Design, Matrox and AJA
- Edit media files with different resolutions — from 24x24 to 4Kx2K
- Real-time conversion of frame rates on the same timeline delivers more efficient editing into the hands of editors
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
- Support for the latest file formats — Sony XAVC (Intra/Long GOP)/XAVC S, Panasonic AVC-Ultra/AVC-Intra 4K 422 and Canon XF-AVC (import only)
- Work natively with many different video formats, including Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon XF and EOS movie formats
- Fastest AVCHD editing on the market (up to 3+ streams in real time)
- Multicam editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously, with video output support
- Improved MPEG decoder and encoder
- Improved H.264/AVC decoder and encoder (for fast encoding of 4K XAVC)
- Accelerated 4K H.264 playback
- Optimized for fourth-generation Intel Core i architecture
- New GUI design for faster workflows
- 64-bit native processing with maximum memory access for streamlined real-time editing
- Proxy mode workflow for legacy computers helps extend their usability and increase ROI
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video for extremely fast H.264 export (for Blu-ray Disc burning)
- Fast handling of large quantities of still image files (JPG, TGA, DPX and others)
- 3D stereoscopic editing
- Built-in image stabilization
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- OFX support for Boris Continuum Complete, HitFilm and Sapphire plug-ins
- Ability to save a current project as a template in order to re-use preferred track settings, screen layout, etc.
Minimum System Requirements (standalone):
(Updated for software version 8.1)
OS: Windows 7 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or later), Windows 8/8.1/10 64-bit
Note: See Memory section below for physical memory limits of each OS.
CPU: Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU. Intel or AMD single core CPU with a 3 GHz processor speed or faster (multiple CPUs and/or multicore CPUs are recommended). SSSE3 (Supplementary SSE3) instruction set support required.
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- Requirements for RAM and video memory vary depending on the project format. For SD/HD projects: 4 GB or more RAM recommended. For 4K projects: 8 GB or more RAM recommended
Maximum amount of RAM is based on the physical memory limits of each OS.
- Windows 10, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, Enterprise and Pro, 64-bit: 512 GB
- Windows 8/8.1, 64-bit: 128 GB
- Windows 7, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Professional, 64-bit: 192 GB
- Windows 7, Home Premium, 64-bit: 16 GB (not recommended for complex 4K projects)
- Windows 7, Home Basic, 64-bit: 8 GB (not recommended for projects above HD resolution)
|Project Format||RAM Memory||Video Memory|
|SD and below||8-bit||1 GB||2 GB||256 MB||512 MB|
|10-bit||2 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|HD||8-bit||4 GB||4 GB||512 MB||1 GB|
|10-bit||4 GB||4 GB||1 GB||2 GB|
|Over HD (including 4K)||8-bit||8 GB||16 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more|
|10-bit||8 GB||16 GB or more||2 GB||2 GB or more
- Supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 32-bit. Direct3D 9.0c or later and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
- Requirements for video memory size when using GPUfx will vary depending on the project format. For 10-bit SD projects: 1 GB or more recommended, for HD/4K projects 2 GB or more recommended
Note: Requirements for video memory vary depending on the project format. See Memory section above for details.
6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation
Drive with SATA/7,200 RPM or faster is required for video storage:
- Available hard drive disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD and above resolution editing
EDIUS 8 supports the following Grass Valley hardware:
- STORM 3G Elite
- STORM 3G
- STORM Pro
- STORM Mobile
- HDSPARK Pro
Blu-ray Disc writer is required when creating Blu-ray Discs
DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating DVDs
Sound card with WDM driver support is required.
Internet connection required for software license activation; thereafter Internet connection is required once per month to maintain usage.
Service and Support
90-day limited warranty.
Note: External video decks/cameras may require a USB 2.0 port for connectivity.
Throughout the life of EDIUS 8.x there will continuous improvements, all provided at no extra cost to users. New features planned for future releases include:
- Motion tracking
- High quality slow-motion (optical flow)
- New color grading mode
- RAW support
- LOG/LUT support
- Scalable 125%/150%/200% display delivers a more consistent experience across devices, including HiDPI Windows 8.1/10 displays
- Background rendering
- Frame rate converter
(feature list subject to change)
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More