Sorry, but BOTH PCIe and ExpressCard/34 is no longer available to buy.
Affordable high definition HDMI & analog I/O for Mac & PC
Don’t settle for an HDMI and analog I/O card with messy cables when you can get all the features and more in a professional breakout box with Matrox MXO2 Mini.
FREE HDMI Cable with any MXO2 Mini!
This sleek little device for Mac and PC also gives you the added advantage of portability. You can take it with you wherever you go. Use it with a laptop or a desktop system and your favorite applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop, and many more. Capture and playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; or NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, and composite. Convert your standard definition videos to high definition, or vice versa, while capturing or playing out, using Matrox MXO2 Mini’s high-quality dedicated hardware. Turn your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with Matrox’s unique color calibration tool. Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format. Count on uncompromising Matrox quality and reliability in MXO2 Mini, backed by a three-year warranty.
Key features of Matrox MXO2 Mini
- Works with Mac and PC, laptops and desktops
- Small, lightweight, external box that's easily connected to cameras and monitors
- Capture and playback high definition video via HDMI and analog component; or NTSC and PAL via analog component, S-Video, and composite
- Turns an HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with color calibration tools including blue-only
- High-quality 10-bit hardware scaling engine for realtime upscaling, downscaling, and cross conversion on capture and playback (See Specifications for scaling features supported on Mac and PC)
- Stereo RCA and up to 8 channels of HDMI audio input and output
- 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound monitoring on the HDMI output
- Easily edit AVCHD footage by capturing into an edit-friendly compressed or uncompressed format
- Works with leading applications including Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, and many more
- Also available with Matrox MAX for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Stream from any camera, anywhere
Matrox MXO2 Mini is a convenient capture device for streaming live events. Choose your favorite app – Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Microsoft Expression, QuickTime Broadcaster, or Telestream Wirecast. Connect to any HD or SD video source via SDI, HDMI or analog. Stream from anywhere there’s an internet connection
Free Matrox productivity apps
A variety of free software tools are included with every Matrox MXO2 device. Matrox Vetura Capture and Vetura Playback for Mac and Matrox A/V Tools for PC support tape-based workflows. These apps let you quickly and easily capture and playback video and still frames for use with any NLE.
Inexpensive HDMI monitoring with 10-bit 4:2:2 color precision
This one feature is reason enough to buy Matrox MXO2 Mini. It turns your HDMI screen into a professional-grade video monitor with Matrox’s unique color calibration tool. Controls for hue, chroma, contrast, brightness, and blue-only are provided. You get accurate color representation so that you can use your HDMI monitor even for color grading. Matrox MXO2 Mini provides 1:1 pixel mapping on HDMI displays that support this feature so your video will not be stretched and distorted by the monitor. You get accurate monitoring on your HDMI display in the following resolutions:
- 720 x 486 (NTSC)
- 720 x 576 (PAL)
- 1920 x 1080
- 1280 x 720
High quality 10-bit hardware scaling at an amazing price
There is no other device near this price point that lets you adapt to any delivery format your clients demand. Matrox MXO2 Mini’s dedicated 10-bit hardware scaling engine provides high-quality capture and playback in the formats you need, no mater what you started with.
- HD to SD downscaling – Matrox MXO2 Mini provides realtime HD to SD downscaling with proper conversion of the HD color space to the SD color space and proper aspect ratio conversion to anamorphic, letterbox, and center cut. You can monitor or record an SD master of your HD project in real time.
- SD to HD upscaling – Matrox MXO2 Mini provides realtime SD to HD upscaling with proper conversion of the SD color space to the HD color space. MXO2 will "pillarbox" 4:3 footage and scale 16:9 SD footage to fullscreen.
- Cross conversion – Matrox MXO2 Mini offers realtime cross conversions from 720 to 1080 and 1080 to 720.
Editing workflows for Mac
On the Mac, Matrox MXO2 Mini lets you capture from either the analog or HDMI input to uncompressed video or to any of the compression formats supported by Apple Final Cut Pro including ProRes. This means you can easily edit AVCHD material which is otherwise very difficult to work with.
Matrox MXO2 Mini works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects, and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component.
Editing workflows for PC
On the PC, Matrox MXO2 Mini lets you capture to uncompressed or to the highly-efficient Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame HD/SD codec from either the analog or HDMI input. This means you can easily edit AVCHD material which is otherwise very difficult to work with.
As an added benefit, Matrox MXO2 Mini includes Matrox A/V Tools, an easy-touse application for fast capture and playback of your audio/video assets. This stand-alone application is ideal when all you need to do is quickly capture video for web streaming or DVD authoring. Matrox A/V Tools also lets you grab frames from your video and save them as TGA files.
Matrox MXO2 Mini works with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 on the PC and provides WYSIWYG support for popular applications such as Adobe Encore CS6, Photoshop CS6, and After Effects CS6; Autodesk 3ds Max and Combustion; and NewTek LightWave 3D (32-bit versions only).
Weight: 9.9 ounces (280 grams)
Dimensions: 6 1/2” x 4 5/16 x 1 1/2” (166mm x 110mm x 40mm)
- HDMI - HD - 10-bit
- Component - HD/SD - 10-bit
- Y/C (S-Video) - 10-bit
- Composite - 10-bit
- 2 RCA - stereo pair (unbalanced)
- HDMI embedded - up to 8 channels
- 24-bit 48 kHz
- HDMI - HD/SD - 10-bit
- Component - HD/SD - 12-bit
- Y/C (S-Video) -12-bit
- Composite - 12-bit
- 2 RCA - stereo pair (unbalanced)
- HDMI embedded - up to 8 channels
The HDMI specification defines that Matrox MXO2 Mini cannot capture when connected to copy protected sources. It is the user’s responsibility to confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
On systems with a 2.4 GHz or faster Core2 Duo CPU you can capture to DVCPRO HD and to SD codecs including uncompressed, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, ProRes 422, and ProRes 422 HQ. On systems with at least two Dual-Core or a Quad-Core 2.4 GHz or faster CPU you can also capture to more HD codecs including ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 HQ. On systems equipped with storage that has sufficient transfer bandwidth, you can capture uncompressed 8- and 10-bit HD.
Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame HD adjustable from 50 to 300 Mbps
Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame SD adjustable from 10 to 50 Mbps
Uncompressed 8- and 10-bit
10-bit hardware scaling
Mac: Up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
PC: First release supports down conversion on output. Additional features will be made available in subsequent software releases at no charge.
- Mac Pro and Intel-based MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Lion or Mountain Lion.
- PC desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, or Home Premium (64-bit) with Service Pack 1.
Matrox MXO2 Mini kit contents
- Matrox MXO2 Mini input/output device
- Matrox MXO2 PCIe cable (1 meter)
- Matrox MXO2 Mini external power supply
- Two S-Video adapters
Getting your MXO2 software and documentation
Matrox is always improving the MXO2 Mini with frequent software updates so we recommend that you download the latest version of the MXO2 software and documentation from the MXO2 Support section of the Matrox web site at www.matrox.com/video/support.
Laptop Kit includes Matrox MXO2 PCIe host ExpressCard/34 adapter
(for use with MacBook Pro and PC laptops)
Desktop Kit includes Matrox MXO2 PCIe x 1 host adapter
(for use with Mac Pro and PC desktop)
Installing your PCIe host adapter (for desktop computers)
The Matrox PCIe host adapter is designed to operate in your desktop computer’s PCIe slot. For detailed instructions on how to perform the following steps, refer to your computer’s documentation.
Caution Static electricity from your body can damage your Matrox PCIe host adapter or your computer. Once you’ve opened your computer, drain static electricity from your body by touching a bare metal surface on your computer chassis before you install or remove any parts of your system. If you have a grounding wrist strap, use it while handling and installing any components in your computer. You should avoid touching the chips and other components on the circuit board. Try to handle the card by its edges.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More