The Datavideo HS-2800 Hand Carried HD/SD Mobile Studio is an 8 channel 10-bit 1920 x 1080i broadcast-quality mobile switcher. The HS-2800 is ideal for TV and video professionals working on location of for use in a temporary video studio, such as theaters or conference centers and live performance venues. The flexibility of the HS2800 also makes it a solution for the worship, education and AV market. The unit comes built into a rugged plastic carry case, with a 17.3" LCD monitor mounted into the lid. The system is completely pre-wired and self-contained. Bring it to the location, open the lid, power up, plug in the inputs/outputs and you are set to go.
Even though it is small, compact and easily transportable, the HS-2800 is not short on features you would expect to find in a professional switcher. It is equipped with an eight-way intercom system and is supplied with four intercom units, headsets and tally lights. The switcher features 8 input channels, and can input SD/HD-SDI and HDMI signals, four balanced analog audio inputs (two stereo channels) and supports embedded audio. The switcher provides two HD-SDI outputs, and an HDMI monitor output, as well as two balanced analog audio outputs. It features adjustable audio delay on each input, so you don't need additional equipment to if you need to delay your audio. Switcher functions include the T-Bar for manual transitions, two downstream keyers, and a choice of cut, mix and wipe transitions. You can also control the switcher remotely via RS422 protocols. As the unit powers with 12 Volt DC using a standard 4-pin XLR, you can power it from an available battery or power supply, making it equally usable in a location or out in the field.
- Toggle between preview and program output and HDMI Monitor Input.
- Preview allows you to view the inputs from up to twelve (with additional input board) sources on the same screen with Tally information as a border on the image.
- Program shows you the finished switched output including graphic overlays.
- HDMI Monitor Input is a full screen display from a separate HDMI source and cannot be switched or displayed in the preview.
- HDMI output can be set to either program or preview display and fed to an external HDMI monitor.
- Blue: the Blue button turns off the red and green components to display only the blue image.
- Pattern: the Pattern button activates the color bar display.
- PIP: allows you to adjust the position, size, main and sub source.
- 4:3/16:9 selectable
- 4:3 mask - available in 16:9 mode
- Safe Area mask: On/off selectable
- Volume/Mute: Controls headphone/speaker volume
The switcher will also store and recall up to seven static logos and one dynamic graphic sequence up to 75 images. You can overlay up to two logos at the same time. This is in addition to the downstream keyers.AudioThe switcher incorporates four XLR analog audio inputs, for two channels of stereo audio input. Two XLR outputs support 1 stereo output. It also supports embedded audio SDI output from the four XLR Audio inputs.Audio DelayFirmware version 3.80 and forward brings adjustable audio delay to each input. Audio delay is adjustable up to 16 fields or 8 frames in single field settings. This allows you to delay the audio by half a frame to 8 frames. Audio delay is selectable in the menu system, and this feature means that you do not need to source/purchase additional available audio delay boxes. Audio delay capability is built into the HS-2800.Keyboard BrightnessThe keyboard backlighting of the physical keys on the switcher is adjustable to match the environment.TallyThe system supports sending Tally signals to up to twelve camera positions. It includes Tally lights for four positions. The Tally indications are red for the camera that is on, and amber for the camera that is in preview.UpgradeableAn available input module allows you to add four SDI and one HDMI connector.IntercomYou can talk and listen to up to 12 camera positions, requires eight additional belt packs, four are included. You can talk with all positions at the same time or pick one position to talk to at a time.12 Volt PowerThe switcher is powered by DC, so it can be powered by either an available power supply or 12 Volt battery. This makes it flexible enough to work on location or in a studio.Interface
- The RJ-45 Ethernet port allows you to:
- Load logos onto, and configure the unit.
- Upgrade the firmware.
- The USB port provides power for the LED light.
- The 15-pin connector is for upgrading the firmware.
- The 9-pin connector is for RS422 control.
- The 25 pin connector is for sending and receiving tally signals from up to 12 cameras.
- GPI can be used for simple external control
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More