Get the industry-proven performance and reliability of Avid virtualizable storage in a more affordable, entry-level professional shared storage system. Designed for independent editors, audio post pros, and smaller post-production houses, Avid NEXIS | PRO provides the high-speed performance you need to accelerate your workflow. Experience real-time editorial collaboration. Work with your choice of Avid and third-party systems. And get the data protection, flexibility, and scalability only Avid can deliver.
- Get Avid shared storage power within easy reach
- Over 3,000 of the world’s top broadcast and post-production studios have made Avid their storage solution of choice. Now you can get the proven performance of Avid virtualizable storage in a more affordable system that speeds up editorial efficiency. Unlike inexpensive storage drives that can only be used with one workstation at a time—a huge bottleneck to your productivity—Avid NEXIS | PRO puts the “flow” back in your workflow, enabling up to 24 contributors to share the same assets simultaneously for real-time collaboration.
- Experience simplicity with exceptional performance
- Forget the fear of managing a complex, network-enabled media storage and sharing system. Avid NEXIS | PRO makes system set-up and management easy, so you can focus on your work. Not on becoming an IT expert. Plus, its self-balancing, distributed architecture and metadata management intelligently handles data redistribution, media protection, and other tasks automatically. That means you get predictable performance under all load conditions.
- Get reliable protection
- Your reputation is only as good as the assets you deliver. Avid NEXIS | PRO can help protect both. Safeguard your media with protection for up to two simultaneous disk issues. Keep production moving with automatic media-aware drive repairs. And quadruple your storage capacity and bandwidth easily as your business—and reputation—grow.
- Experience the Avid advantage
- You can use Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and other third-party products with NEXIS | PRO. But you’ll gain many benefits when you use it with an Avid product. Share bins and projects with other Media Composer editors to collaborate on sequences. No need to copy files or start from scratch. And protect and optimize media delivery when used with Pro Tools.
Bring value to your business
How safe is your media? Are you constantly unplugging and re-plugging in drives to share assets across multiple workstations? What can you do to maximize your efficiency and get more of the work you want? By adding affordable Avid NEXIS | PRO shared storage you can break down media barriers and accelerate your workflow. Get the reliable storage and collaboration you need to deliver your best work—on time and on budget.
Work with what you want
No need to ditch your favorite editing and asset management tools to accelerate your workflow. Avid NEXIS | PRO enables real-time editorial collaboration using what you have, whether you edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Grass Valley EDIUS, or Media Composer. And it’s easy to integrate with third-party asset management systems too.
Experience exceptional performance
Avid NEXIS | PRO empowers every contributor across your entire production, enabling projects to move in parallel and be completed faster. Through patented technology, Avid NEXIS | PRO ensures client media due times. And it delivers incomparable, predictable performance and more media streams per Storage Engine in even the most editing-intensive environments.
Collaborate in real time
Put an end to the storage sharing and media-copying shuffle of using individual USB, FireWire, eSATA, and Thunderbolt drives. With Avid NEXIS | PRO, up to 24 editors, assistants, loggers, and other contributors can access media at the same time. It’s the only online shared storage system that provides a scalable, highly protected, real-time collaborative editorial workflow at an attractive low price point.
Boost your bandwidth
With support for real-time SD, HD, 2K, and 4K media performance, Avid NEXIS | PRO is the ideal hub for the modern yet budget-minded media production workflow. And when you need more throughput power to support more demanding high-resolution projects and collaboration, simply add up to four Storage Engines to increase your bandwidth up to 1,200 MB/s.
Store and protect your media
Scale your system
Why add more storage islands to your sea of media? With NEXIS | PRO, you can expand your raw storage capacity from 20 TB up to 80 TB, in 20 TB increments, adding extra Storage Engines as needed. Connect up to four Engines together for maximum capacity and bandwidth. Your valuable assets will be protected, available, and within easy reach through a centralized media hub.
Get real reliable protection
With its patented data distribution technology, Avid NEXIS | PRO protects your data like no other. Safeguard your media in the event that up to two drives go down simultaneously. Retain real-time performance with automatic drive rebuild. And because the file protection system is media-aware, it rebuilds only your actual stored assets instead of the entire capacity of the disk. You’ll get radically faster repair times—especially when drives aren’t at full capacity.
Get expert help when you need it
When your reputation and business are on the line, Avid Customer Care team can bring you peace of mind. Get troubleshooting help, advice, and more with access to professional Avid Advantage Support, available through an annual subscription or on a per-incident basis. Whether your system isn’t working as expected or you want extra assurance and support on call throughout the production of a major project, we’re here to help.
|Avid NEXIS | PRO STORAGE ENGINE|
|Media Drives||20 TB of storage capacity with a single Media Pack per engine (20 TB, offering up to 400 MB/s of bandwidth)|
|Scalability||Scalable from 20–80 TB by combining one to four PRO engines together (cannot be mixed with E-class NEXIS engines)|
|Rack||Rackmount-ready; 2U rack height|
|Controller||Field replaceable Storage Controller, power supplies (2), and fans|
|SSDs||Redundant, hot-swappable SSDs for system configuration and metadata management|
|Network Connection||10GbE network connection for client access; 1GbE network connection for management|
|Width||Width (mounting): 19 in (483 mm); IEC rack compliant|
|Height||Height: 3.5 in (88.9 mm)|
|Depth||Depth: 24.8 in (630 mm)|
|Weight||Max weight (shipping): 57.2 lb (26 kg) with drives|
|Works with the following switches (not included):||NETGEAR XS712T|
|Dell Networking N2024, N3024|
|Dell S4810, S4820|
|Avid NEXIS | FS FILE SYSTEM|
|System||64-bit self-balancing, distributed file system|
|Media Distribution||Intelligent distribution/redistribution of media|
|Editing and Playback||Optimized for media editing and playback|
|Failsafe Protection||Two drive failure protection, with media-aware drive rebuilds|
|Metadata Management||Internal System Director metadata management|
|Workspace||Dynamic workspace set-up and monitoring|
|FlexDrive dynamically adjusts storage workspaces without editing interruption|
|User workspace access controls|
|User Administration||View, create, define workgroups, and delete and assign passwords|
|Active Directory||Active Directory (LDAP) integration for user account synchronization with IT systems|
|Error Handling||Error warning and informational logging|
|Monitoring||Monitoring of user status, workspace status, comprehensive event log, read and write bandwidth usage|
|Remote Notification||Remote notification of system events|
|Temperature||Operating temperature: 5°C to 40°C (35ºC max. above 2,000m)|
|Non-operating temperature: -40°C to 60°C|
|Relative Humidity||Relative humidity (operating): 20% to 80% non-condensing|
|Power Consumption||Maximum power consumption: 764W|
|Average power consumption: 380W|
|Client OS||Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)|
|Client OS||Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (64-bit), Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (64-bit), Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (64-bit)|
|Ethernet||Dual Gigabit Ethernet|
|Client Network Connections||1 Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Supported Avid Products||Media Composer|
|Media Composer | Symphony Option|
|Media Composer | NewsCutter Option|
|Supported Third-party Editing||Adobe Premiere Pro CC|
|Apple Final Cut Pro X|
|Grass Valley EDIUS|
|Black Magic DaVinci Resolve|
|AVID ADVANTAGE SUPPORT|
|Subscriptions||Available through a monthly or annual subscription to Avid Support|
- Avid NEXIS | PRO 20TB / 24 client
- 2 axle Starter Media Management Licenses
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More