Speed up script-based editing
It’s back and better than ever! With ScriptSync—a powerful dialog search and sync option for Media Composer - you can eliminate time-consuming manual media searches and quickly find the best take or perfect clip fast. ScriptSync phonetically indexes all text and audible dialog in your project automatically and then syncs each source clip to its associated line in the script. Once synced, you can quickly locate all relevant clips in seconds based on a scene number, page number, or word or phrase search, enabling you to compare performances in the context of your story.
- Work faster and easier with new features. With the more powerful phonetic indexing engine, you can now match all clips to your script faster than before. You can also undo and redo tasks, add notes, view clips in their native frame format (including 4x3 and 16x9), and gain access to a larger color palette, giving you more color choices for richer organization and script markup.
- Save hours of time. Forget having to spend countless hours manually triaging dailies and aligning media with the script text. ScriptSync automatically handles all of this for you, enabling you to make creative decisions faster with little effort. It’s ideal for accelerating production time on films, TV shows, documentaries, interviews, and reality TV.
- Sync and edit text. Simply save any script or transcript as a text (.txt) file, and ScriptSync automatically goes to work, indexing and syncing all text and dialog in your project—no matter where the clips are stored—with incredible speed and accuracy. Plus, you can now edit text in the script to match what was actually said in the synced clip.
- Find the best takes fast. No need to search through hundreds of hours of footage; ScriptSync enables you to locate all takes of any scripted or transcribed dialog line, quickly and easily. You can then audition each take in context with the scene to find the best one. Or edit dialog together from different sources to create that perfect performance.
- Work in different languages. ScriptSync comes with a wide variety of language packs and dialects, including English (American, Australian, and UK), Arabic, Dutch, Farsi, Flemish, French (Canadian and European), German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish (Castilian and Latin American), Thai, and Turkish. This enables you to work on projects and locate clips in a multitude of languages, without having to spend extra on additional language packs.
- Use ScriptSync with the latest Media Composer. Got Media Composer 7.x or earlier with an older version of ScriptSync? No need to worry about losing access to your ScriptSync tools when you upgrade to Media Composer 8. ScriptSync 2 works with the latest version, so you can take advantage of all the latest tools and features in both software titles to accelerate and elevate your storytelling experience.
- Avid-qualified Mac or Windows-based computer
- Media Composer 8.8 or higher software
A: Media Composer | PhraseFind option is a powerful phonetic indexing and search engine that automatically indexes your audio media so that you can search for material based on spoken words. Media Composer | Scriptsync option automatically phonetically indexes your media and links your clips and takes to your imported script text.
Q: Do they have a different version number?
A: Yes, both PhraseFind and ScriptSync are now called version 2.0. This is because changes were made both to the feature sets of each option as well as to the licensing for each option.
Q: What are the new features in PhraseFind 2.0?
A: Features that will be available in Media Composer | PhraseFind Option 2.0 or higher are:
- Reskinning of Find Window to match updated Media Composer
- Auto Fill for Search Field
- Improved, faster phonetic indexing engine
- Additional Language support
- Support for shorter phoneme phrases for more accurate results
Q: What are the new features in ScriptSync 2.0?
A: Features that will be available in Media Composer | ScriptSync Option 2.0 or higher are:
- Updated color palette
- Video Frames support 4x3 and 16x9
- Undo and Redo Stacks
- User Notes
- Edit Script Text
Q: How do I get them?
A: You can purchase new licenses of both PhraseFind 2.0 and ScriptSync 2.0 options either from the webstore, your reseller, or directly from an Avid Sales representative. If you previously owned PhraseFind 1.0 or ScriptSync 1.0, you can purchase an upgrade to 2.0 from the webstore, your reseller, or directly from an Avid Sales representative
Q: What version of Media Composer do I need?
A: Both PhraseFind 2.0 and ScriptSync 2.0 will require an updated version of Media Composer; users will need to have this version (8.8) or higher to use the 2.0 options.
Q: Can the 2.0 versions run with older versions of Media Composer?
A: No, they can not.
Q: What if I already owned PhraseFind or ScriptSync? How do I get the updates?
A: If you already owned PhraseFind 1.0 or ScriptSync 1.0, you will need to purchase an upgrade license to v2.0 - one upgrade license per option product. Note that you will need to have owned (purchased) the 1.0 versions of PhraseFind and ScriptSync in order to be eligible to upgrade to 2.0. Otherwise you will need to purchase a new license.
Q: Is there Academic pricing?
A: Media Composer | PhraseFind and Media Composer | ScriptSync options are available to eligible education users at a reduced price as a bundle purchase only (you can’t buy either option separately at a reduced price.)
Q: How does the licensing work?
A: Both PhraseFind and ScriptSync are add-on options for Media Composer, just like Symphony and NewsCutter options. Customers will receive an Activation ID in their Avid Master Account (one ID per option purchased.) This ID must be used in Application Manager to activate the option license. For more information on license activation, please see the Media Composer Installation Guide.
Q: Is there a Subscription option?
A: Currently there is no subscription option for Media Composer | PhraseFind or Media Composer | ScriptSync. Please subscribe to the article to automatically receive updates regarding changes to availability of a subscription option.
Q: Is there a floating license option?
A: Yes, both options are available as a Floating License just like Symphony and NewsCutter options.
Q: What if my Upgrade and Support plan has lapsed?
A: If your Upgrade and Support plan has lapsed, but you will still like to use PhraseFind or ScriptSync 2.0, you will need to purchase a new Media Composer v8.x perpetual license.
Q: Can I just keep my Media Composer | Software on an older version and use PhraseFind and/or ScriptSync 2.0?
A: While you can keep running an older version of Media Composer | Software, you can not add PhraseFind or ScriptSync 2.0 to a software version of Media Composer prior to v8.8.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More