Accelerate editing with powerful dialog search
It’s back and better than ever! Stop wasting time and money generating transcripts of your projects just to organize and locate media more easily. With PhraseFind—the powerful new version of the acclaimed dialog indexing and search option for Media Composer—you can quickly find all relevant clips by simply typing a word or phrase. PhraseFind automatically analyzes all clips in your project and phonetically indexes all audible dialog, so you can spend less time searching for the right media and more time focusing on what matters most—your story.
- Work faster and easier with new features With the more powerful phonetic indexing engine, PhraseFind can now catalog volumes of dialog-driven media and deliver search results faster than ever before, saving valuable time and money. It also supports shorter phoneme phrases, so you get more accurate results, better indexing of unclear audio, and support for more dialects and accents. And its updated look and feel offers better visual integration with Media Composer.
- Find the right clips fast Eliminate the need to review, log, and triage hundreds of hours of footage to find what you’re looking for. With superfast indexing, PhraseFind does the “listening” work for you and then locates all relevant clips based on your search criteria in seconds, with highly accurate results. Plus, with the new Auto-fill feature, you can perform more efficient searches to speed things along.
- Experience seamless integration PhraseFind directly integrates with your Media Composer Find tool, so you can immediately start editing clips right from within your search results. No need to export or import clips, or even find the right bin or media file. All search results are automatically ranked for accuracy and appear in a virtual bin in Media Composer. You can even use other search criteria in the Find tool to refine results further.
- Speed up your workflow No need to know where your desired media is housed. PhraseFind can search project material stored across local and shared storage. You can also save any frequently performed search and limit your search results to only locate clips from a given tape name, video resolution, or any other bin column metadata you want.
- Work in different languages PhraseFind comes with a wide variety of language packs and dialects, including English (American, Australian, and UK), Arabic, Dutch, Farsi, Flemish, French (Canadian and European), German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish (Castilian and Latin American), Thai, and Turkish. This enables you to work on projects and locate clips in a multitude of languages, without having to spend extra on additional language packs.
- Use PhraseFind with the latest Media Composer Got Media Composer 7.x or earlier with an older version of PhraseFind? No need to worry about losing access to your PhraseFind tools when you upgrade to Media Composer 8. PhraseFind 2 works with the latest version, so you can take advantage of all the latest tools and features in both software titles to accelerate and elevate your storytelling experience.
Avid-qualified Mac or Windows-based computer
Media Composer 8.8 or higher software
A: Media Composer | PhraseFind option is a powerful phonetic indexing and search engine that automatically indexes your audio media so that you can search for material based on spoken words. Media Composer | Scriptsync option automatically phonetically indexes your media and links your clips and takes to your imported script text.
Q: Do they have a different version number?
A: Yes, both PhraseFind and ScriptSync are now called version 2.0. This is because changes were made both to the feature sets of each option as well as to the licensing for each option.
Q: What are the new features in PhraseFind 2.0?
A: Features that will be available in Media Composer | PhraseFind Option 2.0 or higher are:
- Reskinning of Find Window to match updated Media Composer
- Auto Fill for Search Field
- Improved, faster phonetic indexing engine
- Additional Language support
- Support for shorter phoneme phrases for more accurate results
Q: What are the new features in ScriptSync 2.0?
A: Features that will be available in Media Composer | ScriptSync Option 2.0 or higher are:
- Updated color palette
- Video Frames support 4x3 and 16x9
- Undo and Redo Stacks
- User Notes
- Edit Script Text
Q: How do I get them?
A: You can purchase new licenses of both PhraseFind 2.0 and ScriptSync 2.0 options either from the webstore, your reseller, or directly from an Avid Sales representative. If you previously owned PhraseFind 1.0 or ScriptSync 1.0, you can purchase an upgrade to 2.0 from the webstore, your reseller, or directly from an Avid Sales representative
Q: What version of Media Composer do I need?
A: Both PhraseFind 2.0 and ScriptSync 2.0 will require an updated version of Media Composer; users will need to have this version (8.8) or higher to use the 2.0 options.
Q: Can the 2.0 versions run with older versions of Media Composer?
A: No, they can not.
Q: What if I already owned PhraseFind or ScriptSync? How do I get the updates?
A: If you already owned PhraseFind 1.0 or ScriptSync 1.0, you will need to purchase an upgrade license to v2.0 - one upgrade license per option product. Note that you will need to have owned (purchased) the 1.0 versions of PhraseFind and ScriptSync in order to be eligible to upgrade to 2.0. Otherwise you will need to purchase a new license.
Q: Is there Academic pricing?
A: Media Composer | PhraseFind and Media Composer | ScriptSync options are available to eligible education users at a reduced price as a bundle purchase only (you can’t buy either option separately at a reduced price.)
Q: How does the licensing work?
A: Both PhraseFind and ScriptSync are add-on options for Media Composer, just like Symphony and NewsCutter options. Customers will receive an Activation ID in their Avid Master Account (one ID per option purchased.) This ID must be used in Application Manager to activate the option license. For more information on license activation, please see the Media Composer Installation Guide.
Q: Is there a Subscription option?
A: Currently there is no subscription option for Media Composer | PhraseFind or Media Composer | ScriptSync. Please subscribe to the article to automatically receive updates regarding changes to availability of a subscription option.
Q: Is there a floating license option?
A: Yes, both options are available as a Floating License just like Symphony and NewsCutter options.
Q: What if my Upgrade and Support plan has lapsed?
A: If your Upgrade and Support plan has lapsed, but you will still like to use PhraseFind or ScriptSync 2.0, you will need to purchase a new Media Composer v8.x perpetual license.
Q: Can I just keep my Media Composer | Software on an older version and use PhraseFind and/or ScriptSync 2.0?
A: While you can keep running an older version of Media Composer | Software, you can not add PhraseFind or ScriptSync 2.0 to a software version of Media Composer prior to v8.8.
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More