Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced the Avid Artist | DNxIO, a hardware interface designed to accelerate high-resolution video production. When combined with the industry’s preeminent Media Composer video editing software, the Avid Artist | DNxIO delivers best-in-class high-res video ingest, editing, monitoring, and output, giving video professionals the flexible, open, and integrated creative tools they need to efficiently create the highest-quality media. Further, because it is built on the Avid MediaCentral™ Platform, Avid Artist | DNxIO is compatible with anyAvid Artist Suite solutions and many third-party creative tools, including Blackmagic Resolve, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and more.
Avid Artist | DNxIO includes hardware by Blackmagic Design, a new IO Connectivity Partner for the MediaCentral Platform.
Avid Artist | DNxIO enables video professionals to capture, monitor and output Ultra HD, 2K and 4K media, as well as HD and SD formats, making it immediately available across the Avid MediaCentral Platform. Avid Artist | DNxIO features a flexible form factor that fits in standard 19-inch equipment racks for easy integration into any workstation or edit bay. The HD display allows editors to monitor media that is being ingested into and outputted from the system, even when the software is not running. A host of connections delivers fast switching among a range of input devices and sources for capture, and among a range of monitors and output devices. Hands-on controls allow users to quickly select video, audio, and timecode inputs as well as deck control.
Key benefits and features:
- Capture and playback up to 60 frames per second in a range of formats including SD, HD, Ultra HD, 2K and 4K
- Work faster and more efficiently with real-time or accelerated encode, decode, color conversion, up conversion, down conversion, and cross conversion with onboard hardware processing
- Get reliable operation with a redundant power supply
- Connect to a variety of computers using PCIe or Thunderbolt connections
- Easily integrate with existing workflows using multiple connections, including:
- Video inputs and outputs
- Quad SDI in and out—both in and out provide dual 12Gbit and dual 3Gbit supporting single, dual and quad link in and out
- Dual 12Gbit optical in/out (modules not included)
- HDMI in and out
- Analog video in and out—component and composite
- Audio inputs and outputs
- Balanced analog audio—4 channels in, 4 channels out
- AES/EBU—2 channels in, 2 channels out
- Consumer Hi-Fi inputs for MP3 players and other devices
- Front panel features mic input with 48V phantom power, mic level control, headphone connection, and headphone level control
- Video inputs and outputs
- Ensure media is in sync with dual timecode in and out
- Control the system from external devices using remote control ports
- Monitor media with confidence using a bright front-panel full 1080HD resolution LCD display
- Get hands-on control over sources of video, audio, timecode, and remote control signaling
Q: Will Avid Artist | DNxIO support surround sound audio output?
A: Surround 5.1 and 7.1 is supported through SDI and HDMI. In addition, Media Composer 8.4.1 provides a realtime four channel down mix of 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound sequences for output to the four analog channels in your choice of quadraphonic, LCRS, or LCRLfe configurations.
Q: How does Avid Artist | DNxIO connect to a host computer?
A: DNxIO will connect to a host computer via a Thunderbolt 2 connection or a PCIe connection to a HIB card in the host.
Q: Will DNxIO ship with a specific host connection cable type?
A: No, the host connection cable will be ordered separately since there is a choice for how to connect (Thunderbolt 2 or PCIe) For Thunderbolt 2 connectivity, Avid offers a 2 meter powered cable and for PCIe connectivity, Avid offers a 3 meter PCIe connection cable.
Q: What options are available for purchasing PCIe connectivity?
A: Only Avid sold/supplied PCIe cables and Host Interface cards will be supported for PCIe connected DNxIO configurations
Q: Will the PCIe cable and adapter that worked with Mojo DX and Nitris DX work with the DNxIO?
A: The most recent revision of the PCIe Gen2 x4 card and cable that was sold with Nitris DX and Mojo DX are supported for use with Artist | DNxIO. The part numbers for the supported PCIe Gen2 x4 cards are 7030-30048-01 and 7030-30048-02.
Q. Does DNxIO support audio punch in?
A: Yes, Audio Punch-in is supported on Artist | DNxIO. Note that the DNxIO needs to have a video signal connected to the unit even when capturing audio only. .
Q. Does DNxIO support video satellite?
A. Qualification of DNxIO in workflows that include Avid Pro Tools is not complete yet. We expect full qualification of Video Satellite and other workflows with Pro Tools in the near future for Pro Tools customers with an active upgrade & support plan.
Q. Does DNxIO work with Pro Tools?
A. Qualification of DNxIO in workflows that include Avid Pro Tools is not complete yet. We expect full qualification of DNxIO with Pro Tools for specific workflows in the near future for Pro Tools customers with an active upgrade & support plan.
Q. Does DNxIO support simultaneous capture of high res and proxy?
A. DNxIO will support a single stream of ingest- there are no current plans to support simultaneous proxy generation
Q: Can DNxIO be used with older versions of Media Composer software?
A: DNxIO is supported with Media Composer v8.4.1 and higher. Previous versions of software have not been tested or qualified. There have been several changes in Media Composer 8.4.1 to support new features not previously available in Open I/O. Media Composer v 8.4.1 is available to Media Composer customers with an active upgrade & support plan
Q: Does DNxIO support Closed Captioning and Ancillary data?
A: Not at this time; these capabilities are planned for a future release for Media Composer customers with an active upgrade & support plan.
Q: Will the Fusion Edit Connection for Media Composer plugin work on both Mac and Windows?
A: Initially, the Fusion Edit Connection for Media Composer plugin will only be available on Windows (v7.7.1). Mac support is expected to be added when Fusion 8 ships later this year.
Q: How do I access the Fusion Edit Connection for Media Composer plugin?
A: The Fusion Edit Connection for Media Composer plugin is installed when you install Blackmagic Design Desktop Video (required to connect Artist | DNxIO). The Fusion Edit Connection for Media Composer plugin will work with both Fusion Free and the full Fusion Studio
Q: Is there a feature comparison between Artist | DNxIO and previous Avid I/O Hardware?
A: Yes, a comparison of Avid Video I/O Hardware features can be found Here
UPGRADE YOUR ENTIRE HI-RES WORKFLOW WITH AVID ARTIST | DNXIO AND GET A FREE VIDEO PLUG-IN BUNDLE VALUED AT $2295
Avid Artist | DNxIO is the professional video I/O that keeps up with your creativity. Steamline your studio with connections for all of your gear. Save time with accelerated onboard processing of hi-res content—up to 4K. And monitor every moment from ingest to export with the gorgeous front panel HD LCD.
Now through the 30th of September, buy Avid Artist | DNxIO and get Media Composer | Production Pack completely free. Give your storytelling incredible production value with advanced color grading, premier video effects, and crisp audio processing. With five top-tier plug-in packs valued at $2,295 (USD), you’ll have every tool you need to tell your best stories, including:
- NewBlue Amplify – 53 plug-ins with over 700 presets to add stunning titles, create dramatic video effects, and solve common video problems like shaky footage
- SpeedLooks Studio Linear Bundle – Create beautiful filmic looks with one-click color correction and grading
- iZotope RX Loudness Control – Take the guesswork out of audio post-production with automatic mix analysis and optimization for quality and loudness
- Sorenson Squeeze 10 Standard – Quickly encode a wide variety of media formats for play on the web, smartphones, and disc players
Plus you can now integrate Blackmagic Design's powerful Fusion compositing software directly into your Media Composer timeline—on Mac and Windows.
With Avid Artist | DNxIO and Media Composer | Production Pack, you’ll tell beautiful stories faster than ever before. Hurry, this offer to upgrade your entire studio won’t last long. This special offer ends September 30th
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More