KONA IP is desktop video and audio I/O for professional IP-based workflows. KONA IP is the next generation of AJA’s industry-leading KONA line of PCIe capture and playback cards, and works with AJA's Control Room, Control Panel software and SDK tools, providing support for leading third party content creation applications. Designed as a flexible platform with support for SMPTE 2022-6 uncompressed IP video needs, KONA IP offers you the flexibility to keep current as the IP transition proceeds.
KONA IP Features Include:
• Supports HD ingest and output at frame rates up to 50/60 fps
• 2 x 10 GigE SFP connections for Multi-Channel input and/or output
• HDMI 1.4 output for local monitoring with 8-Channel audio
• 16-Channel 48kHz 24-bit embedded audio
• Mac, Windows and Linux support via AJA’s Developer SDK
• 8-lane PCIe 2.0 video and audio desktop I/O card
• Supports 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 workflows
• Reference/LTC Input
• Supported on Windows and Linux
• Software support within AJA Control Room and Control Panel
Broadcast IP is here. Transition Seamlessly with KONA IP.
KONA IP is the latest member of the venerable KONA destop I/O product line that users the world over have come to know and love.
KONA IP is designed to provide you with the familiar KONA experience you are used to for your current 2K/HD/SD workflows and seamlessly move you into the IP stream. KONA IP is a flexible platform, with support for today’s SMPTE 2022-6 uncompressed IP video standard and the ability to take advantage of emerging standards in IP compression and protocols as they arise.
KONA IP has 2 x 10GigE SFP cages for multichannel input and or output enabling effective reception, delivery or both. Mix and match based upon your project's needs knowing you are working with the same high quality uncompressed 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 2K/HD/SD video and 16-Channel embedded audio you are accustomed to today.
KONA IP is designed as a flexible platform that supports today’s SMPTE 2022-6 IP-encapsulated 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI video, audio and VANC data and via future firmware updates and codec package offerings, will also support compressed codecs like J2K (JPEG 2000) and advanced IP protocols including VSF TR-04, VSF TR-03 and more.
KONA IP's extensible architecture ensures that as time moves on, you will be able to adapt and adopt codec options and more, as KONA IP offers firmware update capabilities common to all KONA cards.
Your transition to IP pipelines with KONA IP is supported by leading NLE, Compositing and Streaming applications and utilizes the same AJA software tools you know and love like AJA Control Room, AJA Control Panel and AJA Plug-Ins for 3rd party software.
KONA IP also includes a Downstream Keyer with support for graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte, perfect for the needs of live IP delivery.
IP makes distance a non issue, now you can edit, playback and deliver from anywhere in the world that offers the bandwidth you need to tie into IP infrastructure. Ingesting, editing or playing out remotely is the new normal.
Monitor locally with KONA IP's HDMI output with support for framerates up to 60p on cost effective HDMI displays wherever you are.
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97
• (HD) 720P 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
Media Transport Interface for 2022-6
Video Output Digital
• HDMI v1.4
• 30/36 bits/pixel, RGB or YUV, 2.25 Gbps
• UltraHD with HFR support up to 60p 4:2:0 8-bit
Audio Input Digital
• 16-Channel SDI embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous
Audio Output Digital
• 16-Channel SDI embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
• 8-Channel HDMI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
• Supports graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte
Reference and LTC I/O
• 1 x BNC assignable to reference video or LTC input
• Analog color black (1V) or composite sync (2 or 4V)
• 8-lane PCIe 2.0
Size (w x d x h)
• 0.75" x 8.25" x 5" (19.05mm x 209.55mm x 127mm)
• 0.7 lb (0.4 kg)
• 25W typical, 27W maximum
• Safe Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 40C (32F to 104F)
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet
Do you have any questions?
Ask a Videoguys adviser about this product. More
Free Tech Support
Shop with confidence with us here to help. More
30-day money-back or exchange on all purchases. More